Don't You Think That Many Bethelites Know This Isn't The Truth.....?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Since so many are cynical at Watchtower, why do they stay? If they snicker at the rank and file for believing, why be there? It has to be because they feel they just can't up and leave.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

being an exbethelite, I've thought about this:if there was a program available, like a halfway house, to assist Bethelites But then I thought, hey they are getting a free ride now, why do they need another free ride when they need to deal with reality!

I personally would help any Bethelite wanting to leave and feeling trapped an oppertunity to stay at our home long enough to get their feet on the ground (and head's out of you-know-where) But realistically, people stay where they are comfortable, for whatever reason. "If there is a will, there is a way".

j2bf

• JH
    JH

They, and many others, are holding on to their original dream of living forever. And they believe it will happen by being a JW. Many stay because they don't here of eternal life on earth in any other religious group.

• minimus
    minimus

If they are staying there because they honestly believe this bull, then what can you say? Maybe they are simply idealists. But, if I knew that a Bethel friend was honestly facing a crossroads in his or her life, and felt they had nowhere to go, I would take them in and help them settle into the real world.

• nowisee
    nowisee

having left in l976 and banishing any thoughts re wts from my mind in interim until only very recently, i have now thankfully discovered the compelling evidence that wts is false prophet and thoroughly corrupt, at least at highest levels. how in the world is it all holding together?? don't you think it will all come crashing down by its own devices?

• minimus
    minimus

Will the Society ever just crash and burn? I don't see it in my lifetime but I would be happy to be surprised. The internet has certainly helped to bring it all together, hasn't it?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I remember, with a chill down my spine, how one old dude came up to me and said, "Well, doesn't he have the Bethel look!" I was 17, and I remember how I trembled inside at the thought of being enslaved. I resented the implication that I was "born" to go to Bethel, although many might have expected it since my dad was kinda somebody back then, on convention committees and whatnot.

I have my Unholy Trinity to thank for my freedom: Wicked Women, Heavy Metal, and the Holy Tequila. The Unholy Trinity is God's gift to those who are the children of the leaders of this bastardo cult.

To think I might have gone to Bethel instead of college. Now, I wonder if my parents actually believe, and in fact I wonder if ANYONE besides me actually believed in it??? Because I believed, but I thought my inner conflicts were due to my sinful nature. Now I know that my sinful nature is due to my humanity, and my inner conflicts were due to the actions of the Theocratic Reptilian Commune.

All Hail the Unholy Trinity!

Now I know. Now I know. Would I have had the courage to act had I known the truth back then? I don't know if they are idiots, Farkel, I know my own nature too well to call them that. I say pray for the Unholy Trinity to come to all the Bethelites, en masse. Once they're out, then we can educate them, but something needs to break up the comfortable lifestyle they have first.

CZAR

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    All Hail the Unholy Trinity!

Rage on brother.

Slippy

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Interested in aiding my spiritual development, dear sister?

CZAR

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

"Interested in aiding my spiritual development, dear sister? "

ROTFLMAO!!!!

<confused about the unholy trinity now>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit