Starting my own congregation

by Huxley 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Huxley
    Huxley

Isn't it great to wake up on Sunday morning and not go to the meeting! I LOVE it. No hurried underlining of the WT study so it looks like I studied, no stifling ties and lame-ass suits.

My new Sunday morning ritual involves getting a nice cup of coffee, sitting comfortably on the floor and listening to John Coltrane's "A Love Supreme" on the Hi-fi uninterupted. It's relaxing and refreshes me for the week ahead.

I am curious if anyone else has begun a new ritual or personalized "meeting" of their own...

Huxley

• be wise
    be wise

It's great when it all becomes such a distant memory you can't even remember what it was like. Although, now i'm posting on this site it's bringing some of it back and I'm realising how lucky I am.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I have a ritual,,,,,,, I refuse to get up on Sunday mornings, well make that all mornings.

It is so nice to not HAVE to do the same , boring thing week after week. No looking in the closet for a miserable dress, running late , holes in the pantyhose, can't find the kids shoes, can't find a watchtower for this Sunday, although you have the week before and the week after , 10 or 15 of them , because you never placed them anyway, telling your son to get up for the 15th time, going out the door to realize you don't have the keys, running around looking for the keys,and your hubby has to unlock the kingdom hall door, and it's freezing, imagining all the friends standing outside the hall waiting on you, saying 100 cuss words on the way to the hall, arriving sick to your stomach , and putting on your happy face, all the while wishing Sister Has it all Together, would just kiss off!!!!!!!! ( So how is that for a run on sentence!!!!!!!!!???????????)

Ah yeah , brings back memories and I don't miss it at all,,,,,,,,,, what a relief to throw that burden off my back.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

This morning I watched an old Charlie Chaplin movie that I had signed out from the library (Columbus Ohio has a FABULOUS library system). "City Lights" was the name of it, it was quite good!

Yes it certainly is nice not having to put on a suit and rush off to the KH for 2 hours of mind-numbing sales meetings every Sunday.

• Eppie
    Eppie

Yup, Im especially happy not to have to go out into the field again and being so ashamed of yourself that you are doing that and praying that the doors won't open!

Yup tons of new rituals....hanging out with my friends or just enjoying a ly-in with my boyfriend (who's also very happy im not a dub anymore...)

Life is so much better without all the rituals! Awhile ago i went to my grandfathers funeral and of course an elder was giving a 'preach' and I unconsciously just slipped into my old-im-sitting-here-but-am-not-listening-when-the-hell-is-this-over-mindset of when i was still a dub.

I love my life now! No more rituals or obliged meetings!

Eppie

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Get up, get coffee (set up to brew automatically the night before), get paper, light fireplace....

Read paper, have breakfast, talk with husband about life, world events, news and what we will do for dinner...

Wait for dub mother to call....check caller ID before answering....decide if I am up for "so and so said Hi at the KH today"....

Get on computer and start off by checking e-mail then here.

Ahhh, life is good.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Oh yeah....! I'm from the Blanket Harbour congregation.

As my grandmother in Nova Scotia would say: 'headed off to Blanket Harbour' - in other words, like most of you: sleeping in on a Sunday morning.

My congregation has a bed - no chairs. You gotta love that .

I would say I have other members, but they are on this forum, all doing the same thing, so it looks like we are all in agreement with our beliefs, therefor do not need to see each other in person, only at Apostatefests.

• AS IF
    AS IF

This is me since not rushing to any meetings period. I can't believe the absolute feeling of weight being lifted off my shoulders. What a riot act. Work 8 hrs.......then rush home and wolf down your dinner(if you have time to eat)then rush out for 2 hours (if brother oldtimer isn't on the schedule)of absolute foredom and utter torture. The when it's all over, pretend you care for any of the people there and share insincere comments about this or that and gossip about sister fat ass. Yeah.......it's pretty hard to miss all that!!

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Reading the color comics... Anyone else here a Get Fuzzy fan??

• Swan
    Swan

Wearing comfortable warm fuzzy slippers around the house rather than freezing my toes off in some cold hall...

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit