Stats of bible studies vs baptisms

by joey jojo 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

David Splane once again 'Davesplaning' facts and figures.

10 million bible studies and 200 000 baptisms. How many of these would be jw kids with no choice? Over my whole life as a born in, I cant remember many people that became jw's cold from the territory. I could probably count them on 2 hands but I would really have to think about it.

• hoser
    hoser

Over the years I’ve seen quite a few jw sisters marry out of the truth and their worldly husbands study and become jws.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Yeh same here Hoser , still not many though and the reason they did it was because they fell for the honey trap. :)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In the past it was common to have persons in the congregation that were “ coming along “ I.e. studying and progressing to baptism, whole families even. I was thinking back to many of such ones who have gone on to be elders and main supports of their congregations.

That was a long time ago. I cannot recall the last time that happened. Now the baptisms are almost always youngsters growing up. The younger elders are all born ins. The only odd “study “ that attends have been very odd people indeed whom I suspect are there for social reasons.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

The title of my post was changed. Is it because I mentioned a certain youtubers name?

If it was , I didn't know that was against forum rules. I just happened to be watching it and it piqued my interest.

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

True the only thing making Jehovah's Witnesses now is Jehovah's Witnesses having sex with other Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I remember one woman brought in from the territory, in the 1970’s. They had this woman on the platform describing how she previously participated in orgies, etc. They talked about all these sexual things that she did before she learned the “truth”. I was not the only kid in the audience. About 3 months after she was baptized, she was disfellowshipped. Never saw her again. Lol

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was born in to the Cult in the early 1950's, nearly all the adults were converts to the Cult. This slowly diminished over the decades, now it is as rare as Rocking Horse poo for someone to become a convert, and even then, most of those do not come from " cold calling" type work, but via relatives or work colleagues etc.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

A brother had a study with a work colleague he progressed to baptism then after about 18 months stopped attending ,I asked the bro how so &so we don't talk anymore.

Another one a witness married someone not in the lord they had a Bible study got baptized started a family then the original witness had a affair and is disfellowshiped and the person still attends .

Apart from three reactivated ones and one of them is now disfellowshiped and no longer attends that's it in more than 10 years

And about a dozen born in left.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I was born in, at such a young age I saw a lot of people come in and disappear. I learned over a period of time that this crap can not keep people. I started to plan to leave as soon as I was ready. I think many youth feel the same as I do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit