Have you ever been on a congregation picnic?

by LostintheFog1999 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

This is just a reiterating of the same adjustment that was made over a decade ago, in almost the same words. Same purpose then as now, to avoid liability for any molesting that goes on.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Samcats, The writing is on the wall as regards International Conventions , watch this space.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Killjoys!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Yes. We all had to be sensible and on our best behaviour. It was worse than terminal constipation. The Jobots were all trying to pretend they were enjoying themselves.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Fun police.

RB

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Those picnics and baseball games are among the things I actually very much enjoyed about the JWs. And yes, I do remember some of these announced from the platform, especially at the book study meetings. I guess now they have to rely on word of mouth and there's a bigger chance someone will be forgotten.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Yes. We all had to be sensible and on our best behaviour. It was worse than terminal constipation. - Punkofnice

I'd say this was more the case at congregation parties. But then again, I see the same type of social constraint outside of JWs as well. Just think of many office parties and you'll get similar result. You don't party with people in specific social groups the way you party with your friends. I guess that the fact we called each other “brothers and sisters” was blurring that social line and we felt unduly restricted.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

A while back when GB1.0 was alive, this factor was not even a big to do. Even Bethellites made arrangements for a variety of recreational events, and none of their BOEs counseled them about these. Nowadays, the members under GB2.0 are MICROMANAGED concerning this aspect. In fact, JT ("ExJW Critical Thinkers") remarked in one of his very earlier videos that a CO didn't want him nor Lady Cee to make arrangements for the young people to go bowling! NORMAL activities are made to look/appear inconsequential to dubs via the Heinous Hierarchy of this cultporation!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

In the summer months we would have pool/ bbq parties but elders put an end to that. No fun.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i once played in an inter-congregation football match. It was a brutal blood bath. Ive never played football since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit