No rational reasoning with cult elders

by UnshackleTheChains 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

https://youtu.be/ElM5y8t3Pjs

This is why I can't in good conscience go back to the organisation. You are pressured to bring others into the cult and then for them to wake up and find they are caught in a Web of rules and policies such as shunning. There is absolutely no reasoning with cult sheeple (elders) who stick to the letter of watchtower law kept in place by the leadership at WT HQ.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Bumbling fools who cannot even lie well, or merely "unlettered men"?

What happened to: ---------- Deut 18;18 ~ I will raise up for them from the midst of their brothers a prophet like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him.[NWT]

It surely does not appear that Joe Hoover is putting any kind of articulate words in their mouths.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Judge: "we're not going to get any where" says it all.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

"Because the Bible says so." - Attorney

"Yup!" - Terrance O'Brien

That is partially true. Those who leave are considered to be apostate, "runaway slaves," according to the Apostle Paul who created this arrangement according to scripture.

The real question is "If you are a professed Christian will you obey Jesus and show love or obey Paul and shun?"

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The real question is "If you are a professed Christian will you obey Jesus and show love or obey Paul and shun?"

Shunning is an act of love. Love of God and his principles. Love of "neighbor" as you are trying to readjust their thinking and save their everlasting life.

Ya can't make this shit up!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Weasel words.

Lawyer was great in calling out the artificial distinction between disassociation and being inactive, and pointing out the fact that inactive people are also shunned, people who never disassociated from the organization.

They never answered the question and should've been held in contempt of court.

Who were the "superior authorities" in 2013 when this happened? They certainly weren't cooperating with them if they were considered to be earthly authorities at that time.

Also, their faux humility comes across as very slimey.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

A favourite joke of some JWs: whatโ€™s the difference between an elder and a terrorist? You can reason with a terrorist.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''A favourite joke of some JWs: whatโ€™s the difference between an elder and a terrorist? You can reason with a terrorist.''

sure seems that way, doesn't it?

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@desirous of change

Shunning IS an act of TERRORISM ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Here is the evidence from the only religious organization on earth doing GOD'S WILL๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

This piece from the numerous videos about the ARC is legendary and should remain in the ARCHIVES. Mr Stewart basically answered on their behalf that it is an organization policy that shows that it is a captive organization and policy to keep those still within their grasp captive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit