Blindingly Obvious - But Not to J.W.'s

by The Searcher 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

If a fellow J.W. asked a publisher/pioneer/missionary J.W., "How are your hours this month", they will gladly reveal how many hours they've racked up "for Jehovah."

Now ask them, "How much money have you contributed to Kingdom interests this month", they'd look at you as if you were Beelzebub himself, and tell you that that was "personal."

(Matthew 6:3, 4) "But you, when making gifts of mercy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your gifts of mercy may be in secret. Then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you."

J.W. "charity" is allegedly the preaching work, so why record it all? If they were asked to record their donations, they'd start to think!

• Sabin
    Sabin
    How true that is Searcher! My contribution F....ALL.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

There is an expression in new Zealand 'every time a coconut' which means typical!Every time same old rubbish.

With Searcher it should be 'Every time a golden nugget'.

Searcher has a nack of hitting the nail right on the head. Imagine if in church you had to record every loving or charitable act you did. Preaching hours are the JW equivalent of the soup kitchen. Well they are feeding everyone poisonous gruel.

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

J.W. "charity" is allegedly the preaching work

Dictionary definition of charity: an organization set up to provide help and raise money for those in need.

Bible definition of charity: If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. 1 Cor.13:3

Dictionary definition of write-off: thing that is given up as hopeless or pointless

JWs believe most of mankind will not respond to their message - and therefore die. Are they really giving out of love... or is it just a write-off for them?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Good point Searcher. Great post.
  • mynameislame
    mynameislame
    Their charity is caring for the otherwise unemployable Bethelites. Of course it is following the direction of the borg that made them unemployable in the first place.
  • kairos
    kairos

How are your hours this month?

Matt 6:3,4

That would make a nice roadside sign on the way to the KH or Assembly.

Hmmmmm.....

• vinman
    vinman

It seems so strange to think about this. To have a person keep nagging you for your time just screams cult. This crap began I believe in 1943. Here is what the cult leader was screaming:

• vinman
    vinman
    Sorry about the image. It was the July 1943 Watchtower page 205.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Time Lords ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit