Washington Post is carrying the story: Australian Jehovah’s Witnesses protected over a thousand members accused of child abuse, report says

by AndersonsInfo 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SMIDDY:

Of course they are just as bad and possibly worse than the RC church when you consider the ratios!

For one thing, how old is the Roman Catholic Church? Haven't they been around since the 3rd century? That's enough time to accumulate much badness and corruption.

NOW..how old is the Jehovah's Witness religion??...Just a little bit over a century, if I'm not mistaken. So, in comparison to the Catholics, they just got here. YET, they are filled with corruption and scandals galore.

What on earth would the Witness religion resemble if it were around for that long????

• steve2
    steve2

NOW..how old is the Jehovah's Witness religion??...Just a little bit over a century, if I'm not mistaken.

The Watchtower Society became a legally incorporated entity in the 1870s - 1876, I think - although they tend to focus on their post-1914 history (or their version of it).

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Many have said that their motive in exposing the Watchtower is to force the Watchtower to change its policies on child sexual abuse.

I asservate that the Watchtower cannot exist except for the continuation of its current policy, that of secrecy and denial.

Jehovahs Witnesses cannot be "the same" as everyone else. They have spent more than a century trying to convince the world that they are above and superior to everyone else.

It cannot be such that JWs are allowed to reply "we are no worse" than other religions.

How does it happen that they can march from door to door saying, in effect, 'our religion is superior and all must join or die' and then exclaim "we are no worse"?

No. Let us leave off that pretense. As JWs we've spent already too much time masquerading around with a second face.

This is about killing Watchtower. Killing it dead.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    biblexaminer - "I asservate that the Watchtower cannot exist except for the continuation of its current policy, that of secrecy and denial."

This.

The Org is long past the point of progressive reform; if they did that now, they'd no longer be Jehovah's Witnesses.

It's why they've staunchly reiterated their hardline stance in virtually every internal correspondence published in the last five years... they've effectively drawn their "line in the sand", and damn the consequences.

I'm quite certain that the higher-ups in the hierarchy would honestly rather the Org crash and burn than "compromise" or be seen capitulating to "Satan's World".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit