If your Bethelite Brother Doesn't Know About It, It Musn't Be True

by HomebytheSea 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Your father sounds just like mine.
  • HomebytheSea
    HomebytheSea

Olivia Wilde, my son had questions about disfellowshipping because someone we know was being shunned in the congregation. My husband & I were DF'd when he was born & we decided to tell him when he asked about the other situation (we were DF'd because we got married when I was legally divorced but not scripturally free . . . long story!)

He said he didn't want to give talks or be baptized into a religion that disfellowshipping and won't talk to family members. At 8 years old, he has it all figured out. We started missing more & more meetings, and when my husband & were talking about the ARC, he had questions, so we told him what was happening, and how we couldn't support the organization if this was allowed just like we wouldn't send him to a school or other organization that didn't protect kids. He understands quite well, but I feel like he gets stuck in the middle of it BTW 2 sets of very active witness grandparents, aunts & uncles. We are trying our best to keep our families & also to stand up for our convictions. I think many of us are fighting the same battle. I'm reading a book written by a non-JW acquaintance of mine whose family survived Nazi Germany. She said "I would also like to encourage others not to be embarrassed or afraid when they know they should march out of step, even if they stumble and fall". I think her words really apply to all of us here.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I asked your brother (a Bethelite), and he hasn't heard a thing about it!"

Evidently(tm), your brother is not as smart as you are............or he's a liar (theocratic warfare).

Thanks for sharing the story. It's the kind of thing many of us deal with from our JW family members. We love them. We want to help them. But we can't make them "drink".

Doc

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

DAMN! Have we got the same father? Are you my sister??

Spookily similar story! Wow....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Your dad forgot to say: Where else would be go?

WT spin I get from "mom" everytime something gets too intense.

Doc

• HomebytheSea
    HomebytheSea

DesirousofChange,

My mother will also say, "Well, we're living in the last days, & when Paul wrote to Timothy about 'critical times' he was talking about those in the congregation!" I swear, there is a regurgitated answer for everything!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My mother will also say, "Well, we're living in the last days, & when Paul wrote to Timothy about 'critical times' he was talking about those in the congregation!" I swear, there is a regurgitated answer for everything!

Really? Is that really what Paul was writing about? Things within the Congs? I don't think she can find WT pubs that support that opinion.

Walking on eggshells here too

Doc

• Magnum
    Magnum

dubstepped: Ugh, I feel for you. I got mad just reading your post

My feelings exactly. Most JWs are so clueless and naïve. Your post reminds me of my mother.

• Splash
    Splash

Tell him you got your information direct from Geoffrey Jackson's testimony, who said these things are not apostate lies but have really happened.

Ask him "How is it that you haven't heard about this? Are you not keeping up with the chariot??"

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Your dad and my mom should get married although even he would probably end up bludgeoning her to death with a head of broccoli out of sheer frustration. Anyway, great reasoning you used with him. Real zombies are impossible to reason with though, unfortunately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit