Whatever happened to Applewhite's "report"?

by OrphanCrow 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Actually, Heaven, I think that it was the WT lawyer who convinced the Commission to let her re-submit more information. Justice McClelland was not convinced that Applewhite had anything more to offer but the WT lizard wanted to add more "expert" opinion. McClelland gave them two weeks to submit another report and Applewhite didn't make the deadline.

I think this is why we never saw anything else. They ended up having nothing else that would look better besides their normal claims and statistics with zero reference on it. They realized they couldn't pull stuff out of the air and have people believe it like they do with their publications and the R/F.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Orpan, I've been looking for it too. It is nowhere to be found. I wonder if they just dumped her as too "incredible for belief". I recall her defeated expression at the end of Angus Stewarts probing investigation regarding her credentials.

From that point on the game was completely lost. He "expertness" was deflated, she could hardly wait to get off that chair. I'll just bet she was furious at WT for putting in such a bad position. I'm speculating of course, but I have watched it a few times and it never ceases to amaze me that she was so ill prepared. Her testimony never got off the ground.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    That whole thing was practically a textbook example of "WTF were they thinking???"
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    EDIT: Oops, double post.
  • steve2
    steve2

Her appearance at the Royal Commission Heating was oddly captivating.

For an expert witness on the calibre of JW organization's literature on child sexual abuse, she had never been given access to actual JWs to interview. She had absolutely zero firsthand knowledge and experience of how Witnesses themselves understood and viewed the literature. She had not defined her key terms. Shocking poor preparation.

Yet she proclaimed JW literature was "better" than most religious groups literature on the topic - a claim that rapifly evaporated under examination and that was irrelevant to the Hearing anyway. As the Judge wryly stated: The Inquiry is not about which religion is or is not "better" but rather, the extent to which a specified religious group follows best practice regarding responses to allegations of child sexual abuse within its ranks.

If you had wanted to undermine the JW case, you would be hard pressed to find a "better" expert witness.

I guess this unfortunately ill-at-ease "expert" won't be quoted in the Awake! or Watchtower anytime soon.

• besty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit