How accurate is the Bible?

by WireRider 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dothemath
    dothemath

Something I never noticed before in the old green bible(the one with the dinosaur on the map)

genesis is listed on the chart under "time covered" from

46026 bce to 1657 bce

Back then they were sure each creative day was 7000 years ,

so 6days x 7= 42000 added to when Adam was created to the death of Joseph.

good for a laugh now!

• millie210
    millie210
    Great point dothemath,
  • sir82
    sir82

Historians date Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John as having been written between 250 and 300AD

There are fragments of the book of John dating to early in the 2nd century AD.

• cofty
    cofty
    Don’t get me wrong - I have a lot of respect for the Bible, it's meaning, and its' effect on the whole planet.... I think if you read the entire Bible you would walk away a better person for it.

Welcome to the forum.

I have read the entire bible many times. It is an odious book that advocates a standard of morals that would make an ISIS warlord blush.

It approves of genocide, child-murder, forced marriage/rape and slavery. It is misogynistic and homophobic.

It is also contradicts basic science.

The little gems that can be found in the bible are nothing more than folk wisdom, usually borrowed from earlier sources, and are less useful than a thousand self-help books you can find at any branch of Waterstones.

Any intelligent adult could write a more ethical and useful guide to life in a weekend.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

How accurate is the Bible ?

As far as History goes what it contains is almost pure fiction.

On matters Scientific it only shows a knowledge commensurate with the time the particular bible book was written, (and sometimes not even that).

On morality Cofty has explained well.

So, a score out of 100 for "accuracy" ? about 8 or 9.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

wirerider - "How accurate is the Bible?"

About as accurate as the Quran, the Bhagavad Gita, and any other collection of scriptures.

Make of that what you will.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The LIE-ble is more than just inaccurate. It is full of lies. It is one big book of lies--itself a lie. And it ties into Saturn's negative energy to the full to make slaves out of us all--the number 66 (the number of books, and how many chapters Isaiah has) ties in with Saturn. The number 15 also ties in with Saturn--as in 150 psalms. This is why there are all those numbers, often where you would not expect them.

Of note, the full number 666 (three 6's) is the number of the Sun.

• fukitol
    fukitol
    Lol at WTwizard. He's swapped belief in the Bible for some gibberish numerology.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Welcome to the fray Wire rider!

The Bible is no more accurate than AK Rowling's books which share the same motifs of magic realism.

The great confidence trick was that performed by the Roman Catholic Church in the fourth century onwards demanding from the illiterate masses a belief that the Bible is sacred and from God. This untruth has been handed down the generations to the gullible ever since.

Science has an infinitely better method of determining truthfulness. The Bible as a guide to everything is an ignorant superstition which has had its day.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

The Bible is man-made collection of books that contain human wisdom, and therefore, it's no surprise that one can find there some good advice on several areas. But then again, that is true also of countless 'wordly' books. The wisdom found in the Bible isn't what proves it's from God. But the innacuracies and the errors found in the Bible are what proves that it's NOT from God.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit