Jephthah's daughter : A shining example of singleness

by Diogenesister 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Steel
    Steel

It's just a reminder with the gender imbalance in the rank and file to not look for a mate off the reservation.

Just assume everything they teach has a cultish twist and you will be able to spot it right away.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

With regard to the Hateful 8 ,GB members ,how many of them are married and how many have been married more than once ?

Do they have a moral right to impress singleness on anybody if they themselves are married ?

Are they the GB members or at least some of them hypocrites ?

• Half banana
    Half banana

What authority have the GB members to dictate to others not to have children?

Russell's marriage was celibate but he showed interest in certain other women. Joseph Frankly Ratherflawed was married but not to his constant female companion. Knorr married late and Franz was too interested in calculating the end of the world.

A cult with a history of nutty leaders.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Their the GB are so stupid that their just regurgitating old shit from the times of Rutherford.

• sparky1
  • sparky1
    sparky1

My comment got erased from my post. Here is a primary example of 'do as I say, not as I do'. Geoffrey Jackson's wife died in 2009 and some time later he remarried. Why in the world would a so-called member of the 'anointed remnant' who expects to be taken to heaven (raptured if you will) any minute when the great tribulation starts bother to get married again? Could he not put every fiber of his being into preaching, preaching, preaching, preaching about the imminent Armageddon and not be using up his emotional and physical energy in the marriage arrangement? Perhaps he doesn't really take the whole thing seriously but expects the flock to take him seriously? The Apostle Paul's words should be on his heart : "Are you loosed from a wife? Stop seeking a wife. ...the scene of this world is changing...The unmarried man is anxious for the things of the Lord, how he may gain the Lord's approval. But the married man is anxious for the things of the world, how he may gain the approval of his wife, and he is divided." - 1st Corinthians 7:27, 31-34. Yet the men like him on the Governing Body serve up the garbage contained in the video in the OP. I learned a long time ago not to put too much stock into what these men expound and pontificate on. Rather I watch their conduct and actions. 'You can learn a lot from a dummy'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit