So the Witnesses still believe in rapture

by eyeslice2 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeslice2
    eyeslice2

According today's Watchtower, all the remaining ones of the anointed ones will be in heaven when the Great Tribulation breaks to join Jesus in the battle against evil. The Watchtower was making the point that at that time God's organization will be ran by members of the 'other sheep'.

It didn't say how these remaining ones find themselves in heaven, but presumably they will be taken, i.e. rapture, which is defined as:

The rapture is an eschatological concept within Christianity, particularly within branches of American evangelicalism, consisting of an end-time event when all Christian believers who are alive, along with resurrected believers, will rise "in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air."

Not quite that definition, as to fit in with previous failed predictions, they believe that those of the 144,000 who had previously died were resurrected in 1918 (not sure if 1918 or 1919, my JW theology is a bit rusty now).

It's just as they believed in 1914 when Russell and Co. thought they were going to meet Christ in the clouds, but of course 99% of Witnesses today won't even know about that.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Dont feel bad about being rusty on 1918,19. They seem to not understand either, waffle. You can always get things to fit with a hammer.

I am still confused about October 4,5 too. Does the day start at Jerusalem, Greenwich, or new York?

As for ascending, do we get to watch? Maybe they will drop a garment( suit and tie) for the sucessor.

• waton
    waton

wt does not teach that the last "anointed" the then GB will be taken bodily to heaven, but their remains, like Jesus' will be disposed of by the angels,

Batlle training in heaven to follow before the onslaught.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They've always had the "rapture" (at least for the elite).

They just stopped calling it that a long time ago.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I wonder if the GB will ‘disappear’ before they appear on court with Irwin Zalkin.

• waton
    waton

Funny part is, wt writers now call the generation not only overlapping in groups but also "the anointed" and

As usual they got that wrong. because

The generation is supposed not "pass away", get raptured until all the things occur.

All in the prophecy includes the end of the end, the big A. so:

If the "passing away" is not a rapture, what is it?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They avoid terms like rapture and second coming , they smack of Christendom and Bab. The Great....however they do believe that the anointed will be "taken" all at once at the end of things. Also, a visible sign of Jesus Christ will bpoccur in the heavens to show that this is IT!

Similar beliefs, different name.

I note they reiterated the fall of Bab the G in 1919 ( when Rutherford anc his mates were relased from prison) , so no backdown on tnat belief either..

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

If they are really the elite ones of god, then they would know in what form the visible sign of Christ that appears in heaven.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I wonder if the GB will ‘disappear’ before they appear on court with Irwin Zalkin.

LoL Yes Biahi!! that’s the only “rapture”, or sudden disappearance of the GB we are ever likely to see.

That or a sudden skidaddle with bag loads of Watchtower loot when the corporation goes bust!

• waton
    waton
    note they reiterated the fall of Bab the G in 1919 ( when Rutherford anc his mates were relased from prison) , so no backdown on tnat belief either..

BB: yeah, page 5 last paragraph.

Why being in a penitentiary in Atlanta GA, is equivalent to captivity tin the "empire of false religion' shows the extend of the stretching of "the truth" to make the ends meet ha ha.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit