Do you think North Korea will fire a nuke over here?

by back2dafront 17 Replies latest social current

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Is all this North Korea stuff a bluff or would he really fire off a nuke over to the West Coast?

Does not the USA have a missile defense system that was recently reactivated? With all of our technology it seems that we would be able to have some sort of security in effect to counter such threats.

What do you think is going to happen w/ N. Korea?

I think plans are being developed and set into place to take out N. Korea pre-emptively. He's asking for it in my opinion. How to take him out without him firing off his nukes first is the whole problem.

This is all just really strange to me because the threat of a nuke being used anywhere in the world is quite high right now and it's scary when I really think about it. It would be the biggest thing covered in the media to date. The nukes in Japan took out hundreds of thousands, but a nuke today could take out 1 million +. That's a LOT OF CARNAGE. The pyschological effects of that on the world would be tremendous, not to mention the thought of how the country who was bombed would react.

Crazy times....

• JH
    JH

Hi Back2dafront,

missile defense

I don't believe we do have one in place. It's only a bluff.

With Iraq, the US is in the drivers seat, but with North Korea, they are un predictable. You saw what they did with the 4 jet fighters this week.

They seem to want to make trouble at the same time as the US is occupied elsewhere.

The US wants to pull out the 37,000 soldiers posted in South Korea. I think nuclear war is the reason they want them out of harms way.

Do you think North Korea will fire a nuke over here

No, I don't

But I think we will start firing something at them the moment they start producing nuclear weapons, or anything that could be sold to terrorists which could be used against us.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Currently there is at least one (if not more) nuclear subs off of N. Korea with enough firepower to eliminate North Korea. (and they know it...enough said)

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

They did fire an dead missle near Alaska.I believe they wanted to see how far it would reach.So yes, I believe they are preparing to send one over.Would'nt' suprise me.

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Yeah, I read about that as well Lucy.

Interesting how we've gotten ourselves into a situation with the whole world suddenly. How we're gonna make it through all of this unscathed is beyond me.

If we do make it through, unscathed or not, then the question will be "was it worth it?"

I'm just trying to envision how we'll make it through all of this successfully and have a peaceful outcome. The vision just ain't coming into focus clearly at all.

• Shakita
    Shakita

From the horses mouth:

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

Kim Jong Il does not want concessions. He does not care if his people starve. He is a man with the brain of a child. He wants to play the nuclear game with the rest of the world. Kimmy already has a few nukes and will have more by the end of this month. By the end of the year he will have at least 6 more. If the US wants to pretend that diplomatic talks will curb his desire to rank as a nuclear power, they are living in the land of make believe.

I did not hear about the dead missile in Alaska. Was this on the news?

Scary world.

Mrs. Shakita

• back2dafront
  • musky
    musky
    With all of our technology it seems that we would be able to have some sort of security in effect to counter such threats.

I tend to think that too. But we can't seem to locate Osama with all that technology

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    If we do make it through, unscathed or not, then the question will be "was it worth it?

I am thinking that, with the current situations, it isn't a question of "will they hurt us?", it is a more a question of "how bad will they hurt us?"

Scary world, yes indeedily-doodee

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

For those of us on this board who are older, the road we are currently going down as a nation doesn't seem all that unfamiliar. I remember the cold war (with air raid tests once a month), the Cuban Missile crisis, the "Pueblo Incident" (N. Korean's captured one of our military ships in the mid-60's and held the crew for over a year as prisoners), Vietnam War, American Hostages in Iran, several of the Israeli/Arab wars, The Gulf War etc., etc., etc., I know this 'seems' bad, but I really feel that the current situation isn't the 'doomsday' scenerio that some people believe it to be. I think it was more dangerous living in the 60's and 70's. In fact, all the hand wringing that is being done about the upcoming war and how difficult it is going to be is similar to what we heard just before the Gulf War.... a lot of people had egg on their faces after the war ended within hours and days NOT months and years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit