Someone on JWTalk has shared their convention notes (for those interested in a JW perspective).
- Jehovah’s people will experience hardships, so reliance on God is paramount!
- Prayer is essential and vital for our spiritual well-being. It connects us to Jehovah and strengthens us under the most trying of circumstances, trials and under persecution’s heat. When trials come our way, pray to Jehovah, supplicate and He will provide endurance.
- Isaiah 54:17 emphasizes that “no weapon formed against you will have success.” These “weapons of Satan” - includes lies, threats, humiliation, prison and torture, and execution. STD only wins when we give up, give out and give in! But we can be victorious because Jehovah and Jesus Christ is with us!
- Doubt restricts our courage, hinders our faith and may cause us to lose our life. Faith strengthens courage and helps endure hardships, so we must pray constantly for more faith, meditate on Bible prophecies, study examples of faith, attend congregation meetings and preach God’s Kingdom to others.
- Jesus has set the superlative example of courage and we all benefit from his example. When faithful, we can be courageous “soldiers of Christ."
- Jehovah’s arch enemy is referred to as: (1) an evil murderer (2) father of the lie (3) cunning serpent (4) great dragon (5) god of this system of things. It is important: Do NOT fear STD (or the demons!) We can resist him but only with the help of Jehovah and His holy spirit!
- Pray! Hope in Jehovah and act! (Ps. 27:14)
- Faith + love for Jehovah = courage!
Yes, what an awesome faith-strengthening convention! Here were the peak attendances each day:
- Friday: 5,971
- Saturday: 5,905
- Sunday: 6,091
- Baptized: 28