So...what do you think about The United States of America?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• justme
    justme

I was born & raised in the U.S...i love my country & to be honest, i wouldn't want to live anywhere else, I will visit other places, but my home is here....we do have a great country & alot of freedoms despite what others think about us because of who we have leading our country, but things will get better in that regard..........i hope......

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

A great country!

G.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I was born in San Francisco and have lived and worked in a number of states. I have not lived in any other country so it is hard for me to compare.

There is a lot of difference between Americans in a conservative rural area compared to an urban area like NYC, LA, Seattle or the Silicon Valley. Even JWs are different. Each region has a unique flavor and climate.

Being that one-third of my day I am asleep, a portion eating, a third + at work, I guess it doesn't really matter where one lives! I wish the USA had an IQ test, criminal background, drug test, and psychiatric test for anyone becoming a politician though. :)

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

ive only seen it through television. which is enough for me.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The US is one of the best countries in the world.

It's not perfect but which country is?
    Yes, the US clearly has current and historic issues.

But, whenever someone says how racist America is, ask yourself: in comparison to what?

They NEVER compare America to another, better country. That means that their statements lack context.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I think of States instead of the entire Country because each State is basically its own Country according to the 10 Amendment.

For example, right now Portland, New York, parts of California and Chicago are a piece of shit and who would want to live there? Right now there is a mass exodus going on in those States. I had to go to Chicago for two days and wound up in the middle of a Gun fight and almost got shot. I got the hell out of that State within two hours after the incident

There is about 350 million people in the USA plus a few million illegal immigrants roaming the streets, and about a third of them are bat shit crazy. Thankfully most of them are concentrated in certain States and I just stay away from those places.

• minimus
    minimus

What a balanced expression of pros and cons!

• minimus
    minimus

My biggest complaint revolves around health care that is fair and of good quality to all. Why should someone have to pay a thousand a month for insurance out of their pocket while someone else gets FREE care. That’s just not right. Unfortunately the medical business has become just that a business . The bottom line is making money.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Unfortunately television, movies, and big cable news paint a picture of what life is, including what the U.S. of America is. So what do we see?

Los Angeles

San Francisco

New York City

Chicago

Miami

There is so much more to the U.S. than this mega urban centers. The "salt of the earth" is usually found outside these giant cities.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

America is the leader of the free world. You just need a stronger republican party and a Revival of conservative Christianity 😁

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit