Osama on the run...

by dolphman 16 Replies latest jw friends

• dolphman
    dolphman

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/world/2020/binladen030307.html

Even a racing camel can't outrun predator drones in the sky...

I bet we get his ass by the end of the weekend...

any bets?

--Rich

• JH
    JH

I think he'll never get caught.

He will rather die in a cave like a rat.

• Simon
    Simon

Lemme guess ... I have this suspicion that he'll suddenly be 'discovered' in Baghdad

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I may be mistaken, because I only caught part of the broadcast when I was cleaning houses today, but I thought I heard them say that they had captured Osamas son.

Does anyone know if this is correct or not? They may have been talking about the son of that other man they caught last week. All I know, is that I heard son and osama.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

This must have been what I heard.

Bin Laden's Sons said arrested

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (March 7) - A top provincial police official said Friday that seven al-Qaida members were killed and eight wounded, including two sons of Osama bin Laden, in an operation in Afghanistan near the Pakistan border. U.S. counterterrorism officials disputed the claim that bin Laden's sons had been captured.

Sanaullah Zehri, who as home minister of Baluchistan province is the area's top security official, said the raid was carried out by ''allied forces'' including U.S. forces near Rabat, an area of Afghanistan where the borders of Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan converge.

He told AP in a second interview that the wounded al-Qaida men had been taken to the hospital in Rabat.

''This is what my information is. This is what I have been told, but our soldiers were not involved. There were no Pakistanis involved. I am getting my information from my sources and this is what I have heard,'' Zehri said in Quetta, the Baluchistan provincial capital. He would not say how he got the information or whether he had been able to verify it himself.

Nafaas Khan, deputy inspector of police in Afghanistan's Nimroz province where Rabat is located, said U.S. helicopters were seen over the town earlier Friday. He said he had no information about bin Laden's sons.

U.S. counterterrorism officials in Washington strongly disputed the claim. They said they had no information that would suggest any of the sons had been detained.

A U.S. official told an AP Radio reporter at the White House:
    ''We, in fact, think it's wrong.''

At the Pentagon, two senior officials said they could not confirm that sons of bin Laden had been arrested. They said they did not know if the report was correct, but that there was no indication of U.S. military involvement in such an operation.

Col. Roger King, a U.S. military spokesman at Bagram Air Base, could not confirm bin Laden's son's had been captured and said U.S. and other coalition forces were not involved in any operation in Rabat.

''As far as I know there is no involvement of any forces belonging to CJTF-180,'' King told The Associated Press. ''As far as I know we don't have anybody operating in that vicinity (Rabat).'' CJTF-180 is the military acronym for coalition joint forces in Afghanistan.

The British Broadcasting Corporation Web site quoted Zehri as saying he received his information from intelligence agencies, without specifying their country of origin.

The Afghan military commander in Rabat, Haji Eid Mohammad, denied the arrest.

''No. That is not correct,'' said Mohammad. ''My people are patrolling with the Americans and for a long time there has been no large American military operation here.''

Searches for bin Laden and other al-Qaida operatives have intensified since the capture last weekend near Islamabad of Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the No. 3 man in al-Qaida and planner of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Pakistani intelligence and security officials say joint U.S. and Pakistani forces have been scouring Baluchistan province chasing down leads from Mohammed. There were also reports of search missions being conducted in northwestern Pakistan on the border with Afghanistan to flush out al-Qaida.

However, Pakistan's Information Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed denied that joint operations are being carried out on Pakistani soil. Islamic political parties in Pakistan are stridently opposed to U.S. presence in Pakistan.

Pakistani journalists who tried to get to Rabat earlier Friday were stopped by Pakistani security officers at Noshgi, about 240 miles from Rabat. They were not allowed to move beyond that point.

Zehri had announced the capture of two of bin Laden's sons on the privately owned Geo television and to AP in an interview.

His claim was not confirmed by other Pakistani officials, including those in the interior ministry, information ministry, and frontier constabulary - a paramilitary force along the border.

Afghanistan's Interior Ministry spokesman Mohammed Daoud said he was unaware of the arrests.

''We have no information on this,'' he said in the Afghan capital of Kabul.

Saad, believed to be 23 years old and bin Laden's eldest son, is also on the American most-wanted list and has been said to be a rising star in the terror network.

The al-Qaida leader is believed to have as many as 23 sons by several wives.

Zehri said the operation took place in the Rabat area in Afghanistan, in the extreme southwest of Afghanistan's Nimroz province. Zehri spoke from his home in Quetta, the capital of Pakistan's Baluchistan province.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

If he has any sense he will quickly have a sex-change operation and start working the clubs as an exotic dancer - Osama Bin Hiding - back on your screens for the first time.

I believe, that once again, the inner circle of tattered semi-evangelists that are manipulating the Pentagon, referred to by some Canadian politicians as 'morons' and by Chretien as Chretiens, are silly enough to believe that they will destroy a religious ideology by seeking out one of its more publicly noted proponents and firing a missile up his nether regions. It continually astonishes me that a nation as diverse in culture and nationalities as the US can persistently make such a pigs ear of what some people seriously refer to as its foreign policy, which is very foreign to any sensible policy.

Look at Afghanistan, even with coalition troops on its doorstep smoking its purest export, it is rapidly falling back to a system of Islam that would be proud to strap wings on the Hejira. Why? Well, because the strongest influence and power in the life of a Muslim is their religion and religious thinking cannot be defeated with bombs, in fact quite the opposite. Remember that a Muslim comes into the Western World and he is free to practice his faith as he so wishes within the boundaries of Law, but if a Christian travels to a Muslim land, he might easily find himself on death row for sharing the tenets of his faith because of the Law. The right wing of the Muslim faith feel it is their duty to provoke the war to end all wars that will allow Allah to usher in a completely Muslim world. Like the WTS ‘New System’ it is proud of its casualties.

I believe that the French, who tackled the Muslim problem in their own nation with weapons in the 50’s and lost, have learned a great lesson. Coexistence might never be possible, but education and compromise will certainly keep the streets a little cleaner of gore. That is why they seek a solid foundation and real evidence, not the fraudulent and plagiarized package displayed to the world by Colin Powell; for attacking Iraq as the consequences of doing so will most certainly see the streets of Paris running with blood again.

HS - who lives in hope of the end of all religion and the growth of the individual spirit.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hillary,

You're my bud, BUT:

: I believe that the French, who tackled the Muslim problem in their own nation with weapons in the 50’s and lost, have learned a great lesson. Coexistence might never be possible, but education and compromise will certainly keep the streets a little cleaner of gore.

This statement is idiotic. Consider the logic:

The radical Muslims were a problem to the French.

The French tried to deal with the PROBLEM for them and lost.

Therefore, educate and compromise with the PROBLEM.

Now, let's fast-forward to today:

The radical Muslims are a PROBLEM to the USA. They attacked our soil and killed nearly 3,000 innocent civilians on our own soil.

We try to "negotiate" with them or "deal" with them, but we will lose. They hate us and their fanatical beliefs teach them to hate us.

Therefore, we educate ourselves about their HATE of us and compromise with them, and the PROBLEM of them killing US on OUR OWN SOIL where they don't belong in the first place just MIGHT go away?

Rubbish, my friend. Rubbish.

I would like to see Sadaam Insane and all of his ilk blown out of this galaxy. We couldn't "educate" ourselves and "negotiate" with Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Mohammar Khadafi or any other homicidal maniac. They cannot reason. They can only murder anyone who stands in their way, innocent or not.

Kill them, and let the whiners about that benefit and not even know that they are benefiting.

Let God sort it out. Innocent people deserve to live and innocent people deserve to live with liberty, even if that means the spilling of innocent blood. Hell, the dictators spill more of that than any modern war would.

BTY, you might feel more like myself if your own citizens in your own Country were murdered in the same numbers as my fellow citizens were murdered in my own Country.

Farkel

• wasasister
    wasasister

Farkel,

You know I luv ya but...

Like Dubya, you seem to be buying into the logical leap that Saddam blew up the WTC. Saddam is NOT a radical Muslim. He is a secular leader who only wants to preserve his own power base. His Modus has not changed much in 10 years. Why is he now suddenly such an immediate threat? Is he moreso than the other despots now killing/starving/torturing their own people?

I'm not arguing Saddam is a great guy. Not at all. I just hate to see a guy who worships logic the way you do make a huge and less than established segway between the 9-11 attacks and Iraq.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's surprising how many believe what their televisions tell them.

SS

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

The negotiation and compromise thing was cool till 9-11. Now we know that we have to be proactive. Iraq is not related to 9-11, but it is a trouble spot that we need to be proactive about. 3,000 office workers were killed because Clinton didn't want to do hat had to be done to protect us. Those office workers weren't hurting anybody, they were just doing their jobs and living their lives in peace and freedom, which Islam hates. Islam is fundamentally a conquering religion - it was designed to unite warring tribes and force a consistent ideology on a previously pagan people - and its pedigree shows in its modern fruitage.

But more than that, for all religions can be modified if the conditions are right, the real problem is that the muslim world is held back by repressive theocracies and dictatorships. The governments have to be replaced with American democracy. It's theo nly way it will work for their development. The so-called arab unity is a blind used by oppressive arab leaders who take advantage of their arab brothers, leading to poverty, despair, and violence.

Democracy in Iraq by 2004! Death to Saddam!

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit