Got ALetter!

by Biahi 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Biahi
    Biahi

So, my daughter got a letter from a female JW, containing a tract. I want to respond to this woman, in a kind way. She included a phone number, and email, return address is the KH. Any suggestions? It came to my daughter’s maiden name, she is married for almost 9 years.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'd simply write, 'not known at this address' and put it back in the post box...or mail box...or whatever they call them where you are.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Any suggestions?

I'm sure you know that sending tracts count as ''field service'' hours. It's the easy and lazy way of padding ''field service.'' Do not respond in any way!

• Biahi
    Biahi

I’d actually like to send her info like JWfacts.com, etc. I also thought of emailing her a copy of Roger Kirkpatrick’s letter, outlying the bat shit crazy, but true beliefs. And, thank you for the responses. And, Punky, it said “or current resident.”

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

If you have the time and desire, go for it. if you think the person won't recognize you as an apostate, maybe meet or ask for study...so as to hopefully deprogram! if you can find some talking points in the tract that you know you can disprove, or as a jump off point to something you can disprove, why not call and say you have some thoughts on the tract. nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i had a letter--with sn email address included. I replied with a link to jwfacts.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Also--here in the UK these letter writers have to pay for the stamps themselves...and they dont come cheap.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I have not attended any meetings in 10 years. My brother is an elder and leaves me alone. He has his son, daughter and other elders call me with information on special Zoom meetings and funeral talks. I take the information down and have listened in a couple of times.

My phone # and address is given out to different Kingdom Halls near my house. Since I have an answering machine, I screen all my calls. Many of them leave a name and the congregation they attend. Some come to my door and leave tracts. I never answer the door, nor call them back. Calling back only opens up a can of worms.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

It would be interesting to send her some info. But, once she realizes that she is dealing with an "opposer" she will probably drop any future communication. Might be a good policy for anyone receiving unwanted correspondence from them.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Bi - Punky, it said “or current resident.”

Just tell them 'Current Resident' doesn't live here either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit