Brain Teaser

by BourneIdentity 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

I’ve always wondered about this one. If the Bible says there will be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous, does that mean all mankind that have died will come back to life? If so, what’s the incentive for JWs to have an urgency to preach and save people? They’re going to die and be resurrected whether they follow the WT or not.

What if they learn “the truth” and then fall away, does that mean they don’t get resurrected? And if not, wouldn’t it have been better if they never became a JW? If that’s the case, then all JWs converting people are actually decreasing their studies chances of living forever.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

It is interesting. I was always told that those sinning against the holy spirit would not get resurrected. What constitutes a sin against the holy spirit?

I heard of an experience where the householder asked why the JWs came to their door? The standard response of life saving work telling of God's plans. The householder asked what happens to those in places where they have no chance to be preached to and the JW says god reads hearts. The householder gets cross and asks why come to their house then? Wouldn't it have given them a better chance not knowing?

• asp59
    asp59

I dont think satan is that much interested in preaching work. It has to do with Gods Will and cant be stopped. Demons and satan are full of pride. They dont want humans taking there place in heaven. Kings must be loving and preasts are the one that control the education (platform) in old Jerusalem. I think hes goal has been to disqualifie the 144.000 from serving as kings and priests.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Good questions by both posters by above posters to ask the next JW to come to your door. People who live in lands where the Bible and Christianity is forbidden get an out of jail card because Jah can read hearts .?

Why can`t Jehovah read hearts everywhere ? No need for KH`s or JW`s .

In the past 2000 years Billions of people have lived and died not knowing anything about Christianity ,the Bible and certainly not the Jehovah`s Witnesses yet Jah will read their hearts .?

Do we have a record of Jehovah reading the hearts of those humans in the world during Noah`s day ?

Its hard to believe or comprehend that every man woman and child would have had a bad heart condition prior to the global flood.

Worthy of their destruction.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Remember the bible doesn't say that there's gonna be a resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous: the book of Daniel says that, and the book of Revelations says that.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

There are those who believe in "Universal Salvation" or "Universal Reconciliation."

There were followers of Pastor Russell who were high-ranking members of the Bethel family back in the day, like "Professor" F. H. Robison, who was also a synesthete and author of the series "Color and Character" that appeared in The GOLDEN AGE in 1920 and 1921. Paster Russell didn't "ride herd" on the intellectual wanderings of Bible Students the way today's Watchtower Society does, and in time Robison came to accept the doctrine of Universal Salvation and he left Russell's group.

"Color & Character: A Contemplation of the Four Divine Qualities" by F. H. Robison is available from LULU.com, but is a reproduction of Robison's article "Color & Character" with a biography of F. H. Robison. The title was expanded to remove any hint that it was a racist screed, and there is almost no discussion of the doctrine of Universal Salvation.

There is some further discussion of Robison and this book on this discussion board, as the SEARCH tool will reveal.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Yeah, I thought this was the official stand:

You could either (a) die before Armageddon, or (b) not die before Armageddon. If (a), then you’re golden. You could be one of the the righteous or unrighteousness that will be raised to grow to perfection in the 1000 year reign. The idea was that you paid for your sins by dying. This was normally the time “the wage sin pays is death” scripture is invoked. If (b), then you are alive during Armageddon, and if you get killed, it’s viewed as your judgement. You don’t have to be resurrected for the final judgment. You get it right then and there.

If (a), then you final judgement will be at the end of the 1000 years. If (b), the big A is your judgment time.

So technically, the best scenario is that you die before Armageddon. Unless you sin against the Holy Spirit, then you are forked. What constitutes sinning against the holy spirit was always a bit fuzzy to me.

• Ding
    Ding

The Bible Teach book says, "Who will be resurrected? Jesus said that 'all those in the memorial tombs will hear his [Jesus’] voice and come out.' [p. 72] ... Does this mean that every human who ever lived will be resurrected? No." [p. 73]

I guess that clears that up...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Jesus says

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgment. Acts 5:28-29

Paul says

15 And I have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust. Acts 24:15

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

The Wt has had to change it's stance on who gets to live thru Armageddon. I remember several years ago, sisters were quite concerned with babies and children being killed at A. The WT came up with how no one can read hearts and so we don't know who will come thru. But they also said that Hitler, Ghengas Khan would be able to be resurrected because they had paid for their sins. But a JW at work was very fearful of making one mistake during the great tribulation and losing out on everlasting life. How just is that?

I don't think most of the people in the world that have been raised "christian" worry about it much now. Everyone thinks they're good and will get a pass. Back in the days of Hell and purgatory, then they had you worrying. Christendom has changed just like the WT into a softer version of what's in store for the sinners because people won't put up with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit