Live in the U.S.? Tune into Dateline Friday evening, April 15th, to see a report about the Colorado Candelario murder trial (he's a JW).

by AndersonsInfo 19 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

James Dixon: "Ralph's first wife a JW?"

Yes!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I wonder, of those JWs who watched this show last night, how many are going to be too ashamed and embarrassed to go out in field service this morning! :):):)

I watched this show with a JW who has strong ties to this crazy religion, and we both came away with regrets of having any affiliation,

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

nbc.com/dateline/video/tangled/3017009

Here's the entire video, also sent it to my wife. My way of waking her up to this crazy cult.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

the show was lacking info,

like, what was the true motive? not just so he can remarry, I think that was a lame lie.

what was up with the first wife?why did he decide he did not want her, did not the second wife know about the first wife just disapearing? What posessed her to leave her husband and go off with this guy .

why were they both not DF? they both should have been, so then why not just leave the wife again.

if he wanted a life of a playboy, why be a jw?

if he had half a brain, hed have sooner been disfellowshipped for adultry and not go to jail.

Ive known people to have been DF and got remarried and then was reinstated more than twice mind you.... its worth it to some to get out of a bad marraige.

the show left me wondering why all the lies, hes so could have simply told the cops his original story, that he was hit from behind, and never seen anyone and was unconscius. and who hit him? how did he get those injuries? self inflicted? good gravy what a thing to do just to get out of a reationship.

ad no one knows what happened to the first wife? unsolved mystery?

yea, lots missing here.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    I wonder why this should be so interesting? One murderer among thousands in the USA. What makes this one so special? Is it because he is a JW? What about the Catholics or Evangelicals or Agnostics or Atheists? Why specifically target this one?
  • millie210
    millie210
    TheOldHippie
    I wonder why this should be so interesting? One murderer among thousands in the USA. What makes this one so special? Is it because he is a JW? What about the Catholics or Evangelicals or Agnostics or Atheists? Why specifically target this one?

If your question is genuine and not sarcastic which I assume it is (genuine) perhaps I can help you with an answer,,,

Consider the board you are on? I am sure his story would be of little interest on a Catholic, Evangelical, Agnostic or Atheist website.

This website is for and about Jehovahs Witnesees. Current/former/ex/about to be/dating/married to/etc - who want to discuss anything JW.

I would be shocked to NOT find this being discussed, all things reasonably considered.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

old hip,

yes, if they did not say what religion they were it wouldnt have been any more or less interesting.

• Robo Bobo
    Robo Bobo

TheOldHippie - catholics and evangelicals don't have Christ as head of their congregations and the guidance of the holy spirit like the jdubs do, isn't that what you believe?

So this man murders his first wife, years later remarries, plots to kill his second wife while having a mistress and cover it up. Why doesn't he just get a divorce? He's afraid of getting df'd. True, even if he got df'd he could eventually be reinstated, but if armaggedon were to come while he was df'd, well OldHippie, you and I both know what would happen don't we? He's human hotdog. Better to try to get away with murder so you're still in good standing when the Big A comes. Crazy line of thinking? Of course.

But think: if only there was a supernatural force that can read hearts and minds, and could warn the congregation about this guy (and pedophiles, rapists, conmen, etc.), two women would still be alive and well today. A son and 2 daughters would still have their mothers...

So there it is, that's what's so special. Only the jdubs have the disfellowshipping/shunning/armaggedon/only divinely-approved religion dynamic that produces this kind of crazy.

Also, there is not just one murder. It just so happens it's the only one that was interesting enough and public enough to get media attention.

• Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam
    Does anyone know if Ralph was an appointed ministerial servant or an elder?
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    When I was watching it and they said that the JW daughter basically shunned her mother for the three years before her death for marrying that creep ... I wondered if she regretted shunning her. That's the thing about shunning. You never know when will the be the last time you see somebody.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit