My sister just sent me this text.

by Brainfloss 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Nobody can write a reply for you, but I would see her as a victim of a false ideology rather than seeing her as being aggressive to you.

The poor soul is still where we were. No doubt her concern for you is genuine.

I would be polite, warm and friendly, but say that she does not seem to understand why people leave and offer to enter a deeper discussion if she wishes.

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

Well I was pretty worked up when I received this message. Your comments and time has given me perspective. For now I will remain silent. In time I’m sure she will wonder if I even received her message.

Thank you all

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

1. Sorry you've had to endure this stupid bs.

2. Ever notice how in JW-Land, salvation is based upon your relationship and status in this "Organization"? Yeah, that's all bull-fuggin-shit! Salvation was based upon acceptance of Jesus. JW's are warped in the extreme.

3. In JW-Land, personal, family relationship are based upon that status in the "Organization." Sick, SICK, CULT!

4. Fuck this cult.

5. I'd never allow this fruitcake to be around my kids unsupervised.

• carla
    carla

MeanMrMustard beat me to it. Send her to jw facts or find a video of ARC court case. Tell her how much you love her and want her to be informed so she can make good decisions in her spiritual life.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Did she text you in the morning? Don't be surprised if she typed that message while in a Zoom service meeting.

• Lets Think
    Lets Think

It's the great JW scam. Always replace the word Jehovah with the word cult. Please return to the cult, the cult misses you. The cult loves you. Do not forget you dedicated your life to the cult. Fact is Jehovah has nothing to with JW,s never has. Or any other religion for that matter.

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

I was deleting some old text messages and came to this one, that is the topic of this post. I am glad to say it is in the ether, and exists no more. I have remained silent on the matter with my sister completely. I do think I will send her some pictures of the kiddos this afternoon though. Thanks to everyone for making a place where I could vent my frustration.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

How many religions teach that showing love for God means destroying people who don't believe their particular dogma? All of them.

None of them believe in a human's right to control their own life.

They ALL think that they are the only ones on earth who worship god correctly, which gives them the right to order other people to obey THEM. "God told me to tell you to obey me. Or else you're gonna die!"

They are all insane, no exception. Constantly begging former members to return, just shows how badly they want the kudos and brownie points (recognition) from their bosses. Which in turn shows that probably you are never going to be as important to them as that recognition from the congregation.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

OOPS! Accidentally clicked DISLIKE! SORRY. My mistake.

I think your idea is great. Let them count their time, and just ignore that part of it. Respond like a NORMAL person vs a CULT MEMBER.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have reached the stage where it no longer affects me hardly at all when they go in to cult mode and do the old " return to J" nonsense. I simply respond in a polite way, which gives no validity to their beliefs in any way.

It is frustrating that you simply cannot have a normal conversation with them, where your point of view is accorded the same respect as they expect for theirs, and I find it a strain that I have to be so careful what I say lest I offend them, and they decide never to speak again. But that is the way it is, it is unfair, one sided, but Cults do not do fairness, along with many other things we normal civilised people do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit