My sister just sent me this text.

by Brainfloss 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

My sister sent me this text a few minutes ago. What does she know about my relationship with Jehovah? it was followed up by a bunch of links to Jw org problem is dialog is not possible her side is the only one to be heard.

How should I respond

Hey BrainflossI was so glad to hear from you I loved seeing pictures of your family. I’m not good at expressing my self but I do know I love you and want the best for you. It made my heart rejoice to spend time with you when $&)($ was little. And when you came to Florida when the boys were teenagers. I want to be able to do that with you in paradise. Get to know you and your family and all my siblings my mother my children my husband so many others .But Jehovah wants us to draw close to him. He’s our creator and knows what’s best for us. We all have the time now. Jehovah knows our heart. He drew you to him because he saw something desirable in you. Jehovah’s Universal sovereignty and sanctification of his name is the most important thing but our salvation is closely tied to it. And his promises are always fulfilled. I long for the day when Jehovah’s promise of a resurrection is fulfilled and those like Our sister will finally have a voice to sing and praise Jehovah. I have a short video and brochure I want to share with you . You may have already seen them. 🤗 😘

• sir82
    sir82

It doesn't take too much effort to see where, in that text message, her eyes start to glaze over and the JW indoctrination kicks in.

I'd just ignore it.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Just answer with more pictures of the fun activities you guys do as a family and how the kids are growing and that those minutes will never come back because the kids will only be that age once and that's it.

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

Intellectually I know you are both right. However...

my heart is sickened by this one sided self righteous attitude That my family has. They feel free to comment on my relationship with Jehovah any time they see fit but will not even listen if I try to point out inconsistencies from the Jehovahs witnesses own publications.

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

I should point out. I have been married for 14 years to a loving wife have two beautiful children and a beautiful home. Their suggestion that I somehow live a sinful life is appalling.

• Bud Stars
    Bud Stars

It really is heartbreaking. Her message is based on Mark Sanderson's appeal to JW's who have 'drifted away' to return. They really can't comprehend that Witnesses who have left wouldn't want to join up again. My dream is for how our relationships can be with our JW relatives once the organization crashes. Can't happen soon enough.

• Simon
    Simon

They've probably been told that they can count time "preaching" by trying to re-connect with family and friends and encourage them to come back, also because people will be stressed right now and facing their own mortality etc..., all things that make them vulnerable.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Why can't you get to know one another now? NOW! Why does a relationship have to be based on religious beliefs? Like others have said, this message is just sad. We all know that JW's are being directed from the hateful 8, in upper state NY, to reach out to the inactive. I mean, after all, we must all be miserable, right? WRONG!!! They are capitalizing on a bad situation/virus (as usual). They are using the inactive and DF'd to put their time in. They can not go door to door or sit at a lonely cart. YOU, are now their "territory." TRULY SAD!!! I'm sorry for this, I truly am.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Brainfloss,

If this pisses you off, let em know. Spill your guts to em. We did! They don't like it but man, does it feel good! lol

We called them out and the organization too! FELT AWESOME!!!!

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

"Awesome, I have a brochure for you too. To get your free copy, all you have to do is go to www.jwfacts.com".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit