Question I haven't seen yet

by Descender 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Descender
    Descender

This is my first post, I've been reading the board for a few months now and I must say it's rather addicting. I will tell more about myself in the future in another post if anyone wants to know, but I do kind of worry about giving out to much information for fear that someone who knows me will see it and then I'll get that call from the elders. I'm currently faded from the JW's, I was well known in my particular area and my story was well known as well. I've been disfellowshipped twice, re-instated twice, and now I've faded out and haven't attended a meeting since last year's district convention.

Anyway, back to the topic of my post. I was wondering how many, if any of you went out with a bang, like on a Sunday morning meeting while you were giving a talk, or maybe while you were giving a #2 or #4 talk on the ministry school. I thought it would be great if someone just got up in front and gave a run down of the history of the society that witnesses don't know about. I always like the experiences here, so I thought I'd start my own thread. Nice to be here, and thanks for the good read while I'm at work.

• sandy
    sandy

Descender,

Welcome to the board. I am new here as well. I also faded away. I understand your fear of being found out too. I am not ready to face the Elders yet either. I am afraid they will play on my emotional state and suck me back in. I am in the process of my researching phase, I am trying to find out myself the "truth" and history behind the organization.

I, as well as everyone else would like to hear your story. Please post more soon.

Take Care,

Sandy

• TR
    TR

Welcome, Descender!

I believe Bill Bowen and "Little Toe" did what you descibed. Might find it here if you do a search.

TR

• starfish422
    starfish422

Hi Descender,

I left with a bang, during a meeting, but I wasn't at the meeting. My parents were at the Sunday meeting, I had feigned illness and was at home, and while they were gone, I had a friend come pick me up and I never went back. :)

• Descender
    Descender

By the way, anyone know why I can't see this thread under the friends forum, I had to go to members and then look up my name and then look under my posting history to see if I had any replies, is this normal? or am I doing something wrong.

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Descender!

• Brummie
    Brummie

Welcome aboard descender, yep little toe who posts here did this, and I have a good exjw friend here in England who also gave the public talk during which he resigned as an elder and a JW, in regular fashoin ALL the jws clapped at the end!

Looking forward to hearing your story.

Brummie

• JamesThomas
  • Maverick
    Maverick

Welcome Descender. It would be very satifying to go out with a bang. But I don't think it is so much what the descenders do to the J-duds much as it is what they do to each other that gets honest hearted J-duds thinking. I would have never, ever listened to an 'apostate' when I was a happy J-dud. It wasn't until I took a load of crap when I divorced my goody, truthbaby, adulterous J-dud wife of fifteen years that my eyes were opened... I should send her a Thank You card! Maverick

• Dansk
    Dansk

WELCOME DESCENDER. WELCOME SANDY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit