Did Russell come up with the no hell fire and no Trinity doctrine or did steal that belief from another religion as well?

by nowwhat? 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vienne
    vienne

proof of something that does not exist is difficult.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"We consider it an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world...will be accomplished near the end of AD1915" - Pastor Russell quote from THE TIME IS AT HAND 1889 edition

truth noun

1 a (1) : the body of real things, events, and facts. (ACTUALITY) - Merriam_Webster online dictionary

What is the opposite or an antonym of the word TRUTH? It is the word LIE!

I would have given Pastor Russell a pass on this if he had said 'it is my opinion that such and such will happen by 1915'. Then I could 'swallow' the claim that he was 'just wrong' in what he believed. But he did not and rather claimed that his theological pontifications were truth. The events and facts of history proved this teaching to be a lie as nothing even close to what he claimed came true. His motivations, beliefs or sincerity do not enter into this. I am not claiming, nor have I ever claimed that Pastor Russell lied on purpose in order to deceive his followers. I am making the claim that the strictest meaning of the word lie that I have posted above applies to many of his teachings. And in the strictest sense of the word as I have pointed out above, he technically was a charlatan.

• Listener
    Listener

It is reasonable to believe that Russell stole the idea of no hell fire and no trinity from other religions. Whether these are bible truths or not does not negate this being the case.

It is reasonable to conclude this due to the doctrines he taught in other matters that did come from other people/religions. That includes the calculations used for his doctrine of 1874 and 1914.

• vienne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit