How did Adam and Eve survive when kicked out of the Garden of Eden?

by I believe in overlapping 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alex Williams
    Alex Williams

How familiar are you with the scientific evidence for evolution?

Would you be open-minded enough to discuss it?

Im not adapted at evolution belief, Im one of JWs minister but have access to any topic there is to refute that belief,so yes we can discuss it

• Alex Williams
    Alex Williams

One thing I know about it deals with probability ,one bible Scholar put it this was its like placing the letters of the alphabet in a hat and on the first and only chance picking every letter from A to Z in secession ,thats the odds of evolution

• cofty
    cofty

Thank you Alex, I have started a new thread here...

one bible Scholar put it this was its like placing the letters of the alphabet in a hat and on the first and only chance picking every letter from A to Z in secession ,thats the odds of evolution

Actually evolution is nothing like that at all. Natural selection acts like a chance accumulator but we can get into that in detail in the new thread.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

May be Satan provided them with a mansion, along with Sumptuous food, for siding with him.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    The bible says that Adam and Eve were kicked out of the garden and two cherubs guarded the entrance to prevent them from getting back into the garden

Yes, I did see those Winged angels still guarding the "Garden of Eden", during my middle east tour.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS says jws should not speculate about things the bible does not talk about; but the WTS/GB can do it (obviously they have a direct line to god).

Recently while saying jws should not speculate, the WTS rarely mentions current and past popular speculations by jws.

Just Reporting Not Supporting WTS views

SPECULATIONS COUNSEL BY WTS

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1975446#h=25:0-27:123

As we look to the future we have many inviting prospects ahead of us. Therefore, we have no need to speculate about details that are not supplied by the Scriptures, but, rather, to be willing to wait upon Jehovah instead of fretting or becoming disturbed over such matters. Why speculate about who will be resurrected, how children will be cared for, what type of houses will be built, whether we will use machines, and suchlike questions. If we really needed to know these things, Jehovah would have provided the answers.

21 Rather than speculating on the unknown, how much better it is to concentrate on the thrilling things the Bible does say.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1975644#h=24:290-24:662

Or we may find someone who is getting weak in faith, perhaps because of speculating about the future. There are some who are always asking questions that have no Scriptural answers, and, when elders or others in the congregation cannot answer their questions, they begin to doubt the fulfillment of prophecies or even to doubt that Jehovah is using his organization today.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/pc/r1/lp-e/1200027321/0/8

Handling God’s Word of truth aright requires that we discern between profitable and unprofitable questions. Naturally we have questions about the past, present and future. In the Bible Jehovah has provided authentic answers to the questions that properly concern us at this time. Sometimes secular history can fill us in on details not given in the Bible. But there are other questions to which neither the Bible nor profane history provides an answer. It is not wise or safe for us to speculate about questions of that nature.

For example, in all good faith one might ask, What was Jehovah doing before he created Jesus, by whom he made all other things? If Adam and Eve had repented, would God have forgiven them? What happened to the bodies of those who perished in the Flood? Did the expensive gifts brought to the babe Jesus make Joseph and Mary rich for the rest of their lives? What did Jesus do between the ages of twelve and thirty besides his carpentering? How would Jehovah have redeemed the race if Jesus had not proved faithful? Exactly how long did Jesus’ trip to heaven take? Much time could be spent conjecturing on such matters.

Likewise it is possible to spend valuable time speculating on matters concerning the future. One might ask, In what year will Armageddon begin? Will the faithful angels eventually receive immortality? Will there be factories and machines in use after Armageddon? Will men wear beards again? What will be the medium of exchange in the new world? Will women now past the age of childbearing share in the procreation mandate? If dedicated parents and children happen to die before Armageddon, which parent will raise the resurrected children, since resurrected mates will not remarry? (Luke 20:35) These are typical questions to which Jehovah has not provided answers at this time. Do you think it wise for Christians to take time from more profitable Bible study to speculate on the answers? Consider the dangers involved.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Alex Williams said;

The sun is about 93 million miles away from Earth If ... If Earth were closer to the sun, however, the oceans would boil away. and if farther we would not be able to live on earth

Alex, you are living in the past. I just graduated high school a couple of years ago and just started college not too long ago and everyone my age knows that Earth's orbit is not a perfect circle. It is elliptical, or slightly oval-shaped. This means there is one point in the orbit where Earth is closest to the Sun, and another where Earth is farthest from the Sun.

That means that at some point in time, the Earth-Sun distance will be 147,093,602 million km. And at another point in time the distance from the Earth to Sun, will be 152,097,053 million km.

The difference between the two is 5,003,451 million km

So at any time the earth deviates over 5 million km from the sun. It’s never a static 93 million miles like you were led to believe by old science.

Think about that. The sun is not 93 million miles away from the earth. It varies which means that in some part of the earth, it is impossible for humans to live there without man’s genius technology.

If you don’t believe me, try living in Antarctica for a couple of months without technology see if the earth was made just for you or any other human. Or try the hot desert, same thing.

• waton
    waton
    try living in Antarctica for a couple of months

Ibio: male penguins do it, while incubating their mate's eggs. and

most severe temperature variations are not because of the small eccentricity of the Earth orbit, but the inclination of the axis.

If you live where most white humans do (the northern hemisphere}, you are actually closer to the Sun in wintertime.(that is why February is so short).

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

most severe temperature variations are not because of the small eccentricity of the Earth orbit, but the inclination of the axis.

If you live where most white humans do (the northern hemisphere}, you are actually closer to the Sun in wintertime.(that is why February is so short).

I know that, my point was that the distance between the earth and sun is not a static 93 mil miles, anything less or more would not be right for human survival according to the above post.

The sun is about 93 million miles away from Earth If ... If Earth were closer to the sun, however, the oceans would boil away. and if farther we would not be able to live on earth

The distance between earth and sun varies. as much as 5 million Km which is a substantial amount.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

As a JW, it was my understanding that animals and vegetation were created and existed on the entire earth not just solely in the garden. The creation that took place, took place over the entire earth. Fish were in the seas, lakes and rivers, birds flew in the skies and animals roved the earth. That being the case, there would be all the vegetables, roots, nuts and berries that exist today, available for them to eat and Adam and Eve could do so as well once the we’re put out of Eden.

If the story is true, the earth today is still under the same curse, yet vegetation still grows despite the thorns and weeds. There was no indication in the Bible that Adam and Eve (if they existed)had to start from scratch. It only said that their work to grow things from that point forward would be more difficult than it was before. Not impossible.

It seems to me that anyone who believes this story is literal would have been able to easily answer this simple question before the went out publicly offering to study the Bible with people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit