Baptism at 10 years of age! March 2017 broadcast

by stuckinarut2 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dozy
    dozy

A lot of it is parental pressure - "bragging rights". We had a 12 year old kid baptised in my cong & his parents were constantly on about it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Mental slavery can start with young children, this will enslave them to us for the rest of their lives, which creates more power to us.

http://blog.acton.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/stop-human-trafficking.jpg

• blondie
    blondie

Village Idiot,

A deep philosophical question here: Does the baptism of a pregnant woman apply to her unborn child?

Inquiring minds want to know.

If you consider that in the OT Israelite soldiers were directed to kill every breathing thing, men, women, children, pregnant women. The WTS says that pregnant women will die at Armaggeddon. The sins of the parents are attributed to their children. So if baptism as a jw is the safety zone....but the WTS teaches family merit, that the status of the parent applies to the child if considered unable to make a decision (a nebulous age)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Dozy good point , it has much to do with parents pressure and their own personal stature with the congregations.

Back in the 60's and 70's is was common to see teens getting baptized in around 14 or 15 years of age, now the pressure is on toward children at the age of 10 or 11.

The elders cant wait to have more dedicated slaves to master over.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Spiritual pedophilia.

• minimus
    minimus

I was 9 when I was baptized

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

This is one of my pet peeves about the Org.

Why do they refuse to follow on Jesus' footsteps regarding baptism?! This is only so that they could increase their numbers in the yearbook, oh, and a contro tool.

The WTBTS has no moral ground in criticizing any religion about infant baptism. No difference whatsoever!

God this practice makes me so angry! 😡

A control tool for sure. Then they could hold over the young person's head anything with threats of withholding privileges for whatever stupid reason.

STOP THIS UNCHRISTIAN PRACTICE ALREADY!!!

DY

• jws
    jws

That is a bit young, but then again, who cares? I certainly don't care that I was baptized as a JW and I feel I can decide I've grown up and dropped those things at any time.

It's kind of like my pledge card I signed to join the Rock and Roll airforce for a local radio station when I was a kid. Or if I pledged to be a Junior Cadet in Starfleet Academy. It's all made up anyway. So pledge-wise, who cares? When they grow up, they can choose to do what they want.

There is that pesky shunning if you decide not to be a JW anymore though. And that part does suck. And unfortunately, there's no legal court that can annul it.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I was a born in and was baptized at 21. So I guess I was the exception to the rule. I think the reason I done it at the time (although I was an adult) was because

(1) I liked this girl and I wanted to prove to her I was a spiritual man. The relationship ended shortly there after. (2) I sincerely believed in the religion and wanted to gain jehovahs approval. (3) Parental / congregational pressure and how it looked.

Now that I have physically left as a 43 year old. I still find myself having to look over my shoulder in order to avoid beenDFed /DA for a decision I made at 21. There is no way in hell a 10 year old is ready for that kind of decision.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why do they refuse to follow on Jesus' footsteps regarding baptism?

Why do they refuse to follow many instructions given by Jesus In preaching his Gospel and so forth ?

I don't remember reading of baptizing children, I do remember reading bringing up children in the way and guiding direction of the lord (OT) but the WTS leaders have been known to cherry pick out Scripture to support their own agenda and leave out the Scriptures that don't.

Answer = because these are corrupt power seeking men who deliberately go beyond and against bible teachings because their literature proliferation agenda.

Making people count their time and count how many publications they gave out in service .... etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit