How Will Armageddon Begin?

by Cold Steel 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

The parade picture makes me crack up every time.

I wish I knew how to hack into the watchtower's printers - and put that in place of one of their horrible Armageddon pictures. At least the kids wouldn't be so traumatized.

Mrs. Flipper

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Interesting.

I don't see the biblical teachings of Armageddon as a ridiculous religious fable at all. The book of Revelation was written after the destruction of Jerusalem and the scattering of the Jews by the Romans, yet clearly they were convinced that Jerusalem would be restored. The things that are happening in the Middle East appear to be lining up for the old Jewish and Christian prophecies, but not the JW interpretation.

When apocalyptic literature speaks of the "entire earth" or "the whole earth," it more often than not is merely hyperbole. Joel Richardson quotes Gleason L. Archer Jr., "perhaps the chief apostle of the doctrine of Biblical inerrancy and a well-known translator and scholar of Biblical languages" as stating: "The whole earth (kol ‘ara`) refers, not to all known parts of the inhabited earth, but rather (as in general OT usage) to the entire territory of the Near and Middle East that in any way relates to the Holy Land. The word 'ara' (and its Hebrew equivalent ères) does not necessarily mean globe in the sense of 'the entire inhabited globe' but—depending on context—might mean a single country (ères yisra’el is 'the land of Israel') or a larger geographical unit, such as 'territory' or 'region.')"

The GB falls for the global scope of "the Beast" when according to Ezekiel, the nations are listed in chapter 38, and they're all Muslim countries. ISIS already is beheading people as John saw, and Islam is rich in its traditions of prophecy in attacking Jerusalem. But it will be a local event in the Middle East, not a global event as the JWs teach.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How will it begin? If Trump gets elected that's how it will begin.

Then bring it on!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.

T.S. Eliot

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Peely » This war is not fought with literal weapons used in literal war. The symbolism of Revelation and Joel helps define it as fought in the valley of “decision”.

John only refers to it in passing, Peely. The real meat of these prophecies is in Ezekiel 38-39, Zechariah 12, 14, and Psalm 83. And I guarantee you real weapons will be employed. Ezekiel tells us specifically what nations will be involved and about the personality known as Gog (the Beast). Every nation listed is a Muslim nation. Add to that that Islamic eschatology calls for a war of total destruction against the Jews -- only in their prophecies, they win and destroy the Jews.

When Jesus/Yahweh returns he will come to the Mount of Olives and scripture says his feet will touch the Mount, just as the angel predicted. One of the Jews will ask him, "What are these wounds in your hands?"

Jesus will destroy all but a sixth of Gog's forces. The Jews will finally be converted and Jerusalem will become a world capital. It's all there. But that's the biblical Armageddon. I'm not sure how the JWs came up with their concept, which is more like the Norse Ragnorak.

• Carol1111
    Carol1111

I agree with cold steel on this point.

When there is an earthquake in Israel which splits mount Olivet in two, that will be when Jesus returns to the earth.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Armageddon as written in the bible will never begin for its just simply an expression of ancient fictional mythology. The WTS has been exploiting this supposed occurrence to enhance its literature proliferation for well over 100 years.

.................But Shoosh don't tel the WTS or JWS.

Image result for big fart

• Mozzie
    Mozzie

Catholic church will gain power through its nations, then turn on religion for the mark of the beast, something to that effect

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The book of excrement 21:30-32 "and thee lord hath said to thy gb, at which hour thee seeth your brothers in thy congregation art wearing tight gaskins, and m're than one pap'r towel is hath used at the assemblies f'r drying thy hands, then knoweth yond the hour is nigh, and the ov'rlapping gen'ration shall not passeth until the endeth"

• Thisismein1972

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit