Last Week I Got A Call From An Elder I Haven't Seen In 20 Years...😳

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• closed
    closed

So... there are not JWs and the rest. The world is divided between sensible and stupid. I guess

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Stay connected maybe he is a good guy.

G.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

strange, in a positive kind of way, interesting to see how things develop

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    minimus: When I thought he was going to a place I didn't want him to go I said to him I'm not going to answer any of your questions because I've been on the other side before and I know what to expect and that's when he laughed and promised me assured me that was not his intention whatsoever-

Ha. He's lying.

I am with Blondie on this one - 20 years and he saved your number just so he can call now? For a friendly "chat"? Yeah....right. I hear there is a nice bridge for sale somewhere too

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe he has doubts of " The Truth " as really being the truth ???

The WTS has been preaching a false commercially tainted version of the Gospel for over 100 years now and there some JWS starting to come into the realization of that fact.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

I kind of agree with Blondie and Orphan Cow, he calls after 20 years. It could be a variety of things...it could be true that he remembers you because you are funny and nice and those type of people you would remember. Or, he is reaching out to bring you back but the first phone call was to feel you out. He felt you were a little hesitant so he backed off....he may not be finished with you. Or, he may be seeing ttatt, too.

There are many reasons folks call you after so many years, it could be that they don't have any friends because of one reason or another they ran them away or...sometimes, folks are just running out of fools. Or he may just want to talk to someone who isn't a JW and not to be judged. OR, maybe just lonely. Hope it's just a rekindling of a nice friendship.

Tor

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The truth what truth when have they ever been the truth? That's what I would have said!

• minimus
    minimus

I don't plan on calling him and if he calls me back I will be surprised I'll keep you informed if that happens

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sounds to me likes he's on the edge himself.

• careful
    careful

SBF is probably right here. Other reasons for him repeatedly "reaching out" (love the irony!) to you are less likely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit