Question: What would it take to get the BORG'S tax exempt status REVOKED?

by Black Man 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Man
    Black Man

I've always wondered about this. I've always felt the main reason the BORG made publishers do time slips/field service reports was to show that they are doing a community service to justify their tax exempt status. We all know about their money grabs with the KH build scams, their selling off millions of dollars in real estate, etc. They are a publishing/real estate corporation masquerading as a religion.

JW's don't provide shelters for the homeless, soup kitchens for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, college scholarships for their youth, health care or facilities for the sick, and etc. They only come to the aid of someone based on their affiliation with their cult. Nothing for the COMMUNITY, outside of their membership.

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO GET THE GOVERNMENT TO REVOKE THEIR TAX EXEMPT STATUS? Public pressure? Media blitz exposing their finances. Political pressure? What?

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

It isn't something knew but the problem is some of the same issues the WT faces so does other churches. I feel the only way for them to lose their tax exempt status is when all churches do. This isn't something likely to happen soon.

The gay marriage upheld by the supreme court may cause that issue to be a reason.

In an op-ed published by Fusion, financial writer Felix Salmon made his stance on the matter crystal-clear in his first sentence: “Now that the U.S. government formally recognizes marriage equality as a fundamental right, it really shouldn’t skew the tax code so as to give millions of dollars in tax breaks to groups which remain steadfastly bigoted on the subject.”

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

In the USA, my answer is "When Hell freezes over"

Remember, in this country the Scientologists backed down the IRS.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Scientology and the Mormons would have to loose their tax free status first before Wt ever did.
  • LostGeneration
  • Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    I think there's a growing chance of it happening in the UK.
  • DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

If it ever does happen, you know what they'll say...

The wild beast eats the harlot? Yeah. It'll just make the R&F more resolute.

• brandnew
    brandnew

A LARGE BANNER IN FRONT OF A MAJOR NEWS STATION, STREAKING WITH A SANDWICH BOARD THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME , KING KONG WITH AN "ANTI JW" T SHIRT.

I DUNNO, SOME KINDA EXPOSURE.😡

• JeffT
    JeffT
    JW's don't provide shelters for the homeless, soup kitchens for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, college scholarships for their youth, health care or facilities for the sick, and etc.

They don't have to.

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO GET THE GOVERNMENT TO REVOKE THEIR TAX EXEMPT STATUS?

A constitutional amendment.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

A constitution deez nutz😎

edit: sorry that was my 10 yr old son.

I was trying to say according to the fusion piece tax exempt status for religon is not written into the constitution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit