VAT4956 - 530 BC destruction of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar

by jwposter 271 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwposter
    jwposter
    Based on what Scholar said, am I to assume that Jeffro is the one that owns the vat4956 site?
  • Jeffro
    Jeffro

jwposter:

You see the omitted is for the eclipse occurring 6 months later. But not for the first one (May 14th). That first occurrence IS observed otherwise it would have said omitted for that one also. Obviously there is 2 eclipses since they occur 6 lunar synodic cycles apart. It is that 2nd one that is omitted and not visible.

Entirely wrong. There were only two eclipses in 603 BCE (Nebuchadnezzar’s 2nd year), and LBAT1420 references both of them. The ‘omitted’ eclipse in question is mentioned before the reference to the insertion of an intercalary month after month VI, and necessarily refers to the eclipse in May. The 2nd eclipse in that year was explicitly observed.

(There are some Saros cycles not mentioned at all in LBAT1420, but they are cycles for which none of the eclipses were visible from Babylon, as distinct from eclipses indicated as ‘omitted’ for Saros cycles they knew about.)

You’re not good at this. Just go away.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

jwposter:

Based on what Scholar said

That’s never a good start

am I to assume that Jeffro is the one that owns the vat4956 site?

Obviously not. And why would I say my own site is trash? What is wrong with you?

At this point I have to conclude either that you’re a troll or otherwise not competent to discuss these topics.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

jwposter:

Calling me superstitious is just an Ad Hominem attack.

That would only be the case if my assessment of your claims were based on the fact that you are superstitious. I have specifically demonstrated that your views are incorrect based on your incorrect assessment of the sources.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Luckily for us, Saturn was visible in the night sky when the observations were taken. If the position of Saturn is verified for 567, relative to a constellation, it will be 29.4 years before it is back in the same place. That means that Saturn couldn't have been anywhere near the same place 20 years previously in 588. This evidence alone is really all we need.

Trying to prove years based on eclipses is nothing more than a biased attempt to obfuscate and misdirect.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Indeed. Note that jwposter conveniently ignored my post on the first page of this thread about the solstice and planetary observations that conflict with his novel hypothesis.

• jwposter
    jwposter

Joey Jojo, let's take a look at Saturn in the VAT4596. Where is it located. It is located opposite the southern fish which means it is next to it.

Let me state where it isn't. It is NOT in front of the Swallow in -567. To be in FRONT of the SWALLOW it would need to be on the OTHER side of the Swallow. But the more correct observation is that it is opposite the southern fish as it is in 512 BC (-511). In -567 Saturn is behind the Swallow.

Obverse - line 2-. Saturn opposite the southern Fish of the Zodiac. On the morning of the 2nd, a rainbow formed an arc in the west. On the night of the 3rd, the moon 2 cubits in front of [ ... ].

Now if you want to mention how important Saturn's location is (which I agree), you must surely understand how important the location of Mercury is when it is doing a Retrograde under Mars in line 13 of the Obverse:

13. Mercury moved below Mars further to the east. Jupiter above Antares, Venus in the west opposite the Lion's tail [ ... ].

Notice Mercury is moving below Mars to the east (This is a retrograde motion). That is a very significant observation happening right at the beginning of the third month. Not later in the month, not a month later.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

The direction a planet is moving (prograde or retrograde) is really not significant when discussing this subject. Their position at a certain time - like a snapshot is far more important.

Knowing Mercury's position is enough- it doesnt matter which direction its going in the night sky.

Whether the exact position of Saturn was a bit in front, or a bit behind the swallow is also unimportant. The fact that it is close is enough. It is only in that part of the sky once every 29.4 years.

In 588 , Saturn wasnt anywhere near the swallow. This stuff is not hard to understand.

JW's seem to be the only group determined to question the credibility and squeeze out answers from VAT 4956 that just arent there.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

joey jojo:

In 588 , Saturn wasnt anywhere near the swallow. This stuff is not hard to understand.

True, but this guy is bringing a different brand of nonsense and saying Nebuchadnezzar’s 37th year was ‘really’ 512 BCE. Which is even more wrong than the JW nonsense. I’ve already demonstrated that the planetary positions in VAT4956 are not consistent with his novel drivel.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The other tactic employed here is focusing attention on details in the tablets that appear consistent (in isolation) or that the person imagines are consistent, and ignoring other details that show their position to be wildly incorrect. This is a form of the ‘Texas sharp-shooter’ fallacy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit