U.S. Announcement at CLAM w/o March 3 - Donation of Trailers Needed

by JWTom 16 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Whilst at it, I could use one myself. I will settle for 15 foot and older. And a truck to pull it. I will donate a tent every bit as good as they claim Abraham used(Walmart)

Any bets that they want delivery too?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Dear watchtower

It's not a trailer but I have a real nice RV. Runs great except the shitter is broke!

Sincerely

Cousin Eddie

• LV101
    LV101

The cult seems to beg for anything/everything. Short on cash - send your tent/trailer and don't forget to shun your kiddos we need new high-rise and furnishings.

• hoser
    hoser

If you have an rv and selflessly donate it you are now considered “spiritual” and may be rewarded with an interview part on the next special assembly day. Seems like a good deal to me.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

They've long asked for donations of cars and other vehicles. Travel trailers (which classifies as an RV) are one of those things that stood out to you, but is just part of the 'acceptable donations' in these cases (as ar motorcycles and boats, but I'm sure they don't want to send that message you should even have a boat/motorcycle). Trust me, you won't see the CO traveling in your '97 Chevy Blazer and a patched up trailer in tow (that was maybe a special pioneer in the 50s).

What they basically do with those cars, as does cars-for-kids etc is sell them to either dealerships or junkyards and collect the profit. The reason they set a limit on the age of the vehicle is because at some point it's just junk and it costs them more to pick it up and deliver to the junkyard than it would bring in profit. The junkyard isn't going to give you much for older used RV's as they are primarily plastic and not a good source of metal unlike cars. Junkyards will pay a little bit for modern ones because there is still a market for parts.

For construction sites, you have special style construction trailer which are rented by the regional building committees. The WTBTS has a deal with the rental companies so they get a small chunk of the rebates, they also don't want to deal with patching up an old trailer or the liability/insurance for that (any cost would be a sunk, unrecoverable cost after the project).

• JWTom
    JWTom

I am familiar with the "You can donate anything of value to WTBTS" announcements that happen 1-2 times per year and that are published in the Watchtower/Awake? magazines periodically. This was a standalone announcement with a significant amount of detail related to the types of trailers. Could just be opportunistic since the demand for trailers is high right now - give us your late model trailer and we can sell at a significant amount due to pandemic.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Im betting on a ramapo village. Distant 2nd it is s a retirement community.

If you ever looked at the sell off items they are extremely used up and priced high

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit