U.S. Announcement at CLAM w/o March 3 - Donation of Trailers Needed

by JWTom 16 Replies latest jw friends

• JWTom
    JWTom

At our CLAM meeting this past week there was a rather lengthy announcement asking for the donation of travel trailers. Needed to be at least 22 feet long and not older than a 2005 model year. Lots of other details were in the announcement about what was desired related condition of the trailer, etc. No explanation was given as to what this was for. Possibly to house volunteer workers in separate areas for building projects in New York??? Back in the day when I was at bethel...they purchased modular housing for use during construction projects at Patterson, Wallkill and other locations. I am guessing modular housing is pretty expensive these days and possibly getting free trailers donated is a cheap way to house people.....just a guess.

Anyone know more about this?

• JWTom
    JWTom

Oops, week of May 3, 2021. Sorry about that.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Travel trailers are going for a premium with isolation vacations. They can use them then sell, or just sell outright likectgeg are wont to do

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Begging for items that are easy to flip like travel trailers has better optics than outright begging for cash like a few of the TV preachers do. With the Baby Boomers aging, this is a great product to ask for.
  • pistolpete
    pistolpete

I heard that the Governing Body hired Governor Andrew Cuomo to help them figure out what to do with the old bethlites. And he had a plan.-------TRAILERS!

https://static.thefederalistpapers.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/cuomo-nursing-homes-death.jpg

• hoser
    hoser

They could just outright sell them and no one would bat an eye.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Probably to house temporary workers for their 4-5 year project to build a video production studio in Ramapo NY.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I heard, second hand, about the begging for travel trailers too. The list of requirements they have in order to consider them worthy of stealing accepting from the members sounds an awful lot like they would appreciate the "widows mite".

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I'd say either temporary worker housing for a construction project (and later resale), as previous posts have mentioned, or housing for 'disaster relief' workers. The disaster relief is one of their money making schemes, where they send volunteers with donated materials to fix damaged homes, then get the owners to turn over the insurance money to the WT.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No older than 2005 model? How about a 1905 model that is in perfect condition? They don't deserve anything--not even a 2021 Chinese junk model in wretched condition that is 22 nanometers long. Not to mention, people need the money from selling a travel trailer (or perhaps to live in it, whether on vacation or because of pending evictions) more than the washtowel deserves them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit