I guess the latest WT killed any hope of US jws growing beards.

by Crazyguy 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

There's official stupid and grass roots stupid in this, one of the grass roots (especially popular among women) is that men with beards are "hiding something"

Please bring that wall nearer so I can bang my head against it some more

Oh wait, I left, I don't have to to that anymore :)

• schnell
    schnell

Isn't it funny how the marketing of the Gillette corporation in the early 20th century affected not only what elected leaders looked like but also our faith?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

It's amusing to think that the Guy in charge of the UNIVERSE cares whether I have a beard or not

Oh he does. He can spot a guy with a beard in a sea of starving children, and chastise you for it.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Tight pants and beards are top of God's To Do list along with how many hits JWdot borg gets and how many pieces of paper get delivered to people who will never read them and whether the man made lake at Warwick is working.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

That paragraph is one of the most insipid and pointless ever written!

It says NOTHING! It contradicts itself!

The "double -speak" and lack of clear "direction" means that each area of the world will have different bully elders imposing their own ideas...

Seriously, as you have all said, since when did GOD get so hung up on men NOT growing the natural beard he created us with??

The way the society focusses on such an issue sounds like the Scribes and Pharasees "adding to the law" and making "word of God invalid by their traditions"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit