(Bible's) God will do whatever he wants

by Cota Samuel 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cota Samuel
    Cota Samuel

Hello and excuse my not perfect knowledge of english. When I've started studying the bible when I was 13 one of the first subjects I was teached was about Genesis. The first two humans were supposedly perfect which by Bible's means it meant that they couldn't die nor get ill. This meant that at least humans couldn't get diseases.

But you know how jealous and close minded Jehovah is (that's in the case he even exists).

Thinking we could rule ouserlves without his stupid help (which can't happen cause he thinks like an infant and we are his toys(this again suggests that the holy bookz was indeed written by a unintelligent human beign( which will condemn humans to refuse to think for upcomming milleniums))) he pre-packaged some of the most disturbing, horrifying and disgusting dieseas especially for his beloved creatures in case THEY DARED TO DO ANYTHING ELSE THAN LISTEN TO HIM.

Yes, I understand that if the stuff in the Bible even happened Adam and Eve would have shown ingratitue to not listen to God since they clearly knew he created them and all they had was exclusively from Him. But that doesn't change the fact that the most loving God possibly thinks that way.

Now that i've had enough pain and suffering from my credulity when i trusted the WT books and i'm able to observe all the stuff objectively I could see all these "new" stuff.

In conclusion, in contradiction to what i've been teached at the bible study with JWs (that Bible's God wants us to choose based on the love for him (tho we still die if we don't choose him)) , Bible's God want us to recognise that he is superior and we cant independently think or act.

Ofcourse , this is just my opinion and anyone can disagree with me.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Welcome to the forum Cota Samuel. You might find this document interesting.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

he pre-packaged some of the most disturbing, horrifying and disgusting dieseas especially for his beloved creatures in case THEY DARED TO DO ANYTHING ELSE THAN LISTEN TO HIM

After fifteen years here it's still a joy to read an original thought! Thank you Cota Samuel and welcome to JWN

• Cota Samuel
    Cota Samuel
    Thank you Village Idiot and nicolaou.
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

You muzzeled me.

mmmm those peple who wrote down that oriental sayings never in their best imagination wanted that someone took the Genesis literal. If they would have known of JW-books they had written it otherwise. They would have said:
    "Havent we said that God is merciful anyway somewhere in the text, why do they always think that we say God only wants obidience, let us check the text of garden of eden and noahs arch for the application in the 21st century

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome Cota Samuel..... Your English gets the job done!

I started studying when I was 13 as well......... left at 23 with my wife.

Every Holy book was written and evolved by men (usually) who create a concept of a god that reflects their traditions and culture.

I find it difficult to warm up to a god that is planning another global massacre.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

God is so loving that he threw Satan down to earth with God-like powers to inflict upon us all harm, distress, despair, confusion, etc. According to His word the Bible, a most powerful invisible spiritual creature with an infinite army of Demons, to cause all sort of damage to humans and creation alike.

God, therefore, engineered the condition under which humanity lives; then administers punishment for it. Ultimately destroying us all when he so desires.

What a loving and merciful God! Sure makes one want to worship such a GOOD God!

SL

• stuffwotifink
    stuffwotifink
    in case THEY DARED TO DO ANYTHING ELSE THAN LISTEN TO HIM
    Even better. He knows everything... So when He made Adam and Eve - and when He decided to use the tree as a test - He knew they would fail.
    He didn't just make "
    the most disturbing, horrifying and disgusting diseases especially for his beloved creatures in case" they failed the test. He made those diseases knowing He would unleash them on humanity, for failing the test he knew they would fail before He even set it.

Yeah, the bible is fun, when it's not sickening.

The idea of an omniscient and self aware first cause, playing the blame game, is laughable.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    They found the Bible God in a city called Ugarit in Syria in 1929. Then they figured out the language and what they had in 1945. The God of the Bible is no more real then the God Thor or Ra. The God of the Bible even had a wife as archeology has proven. So welcome to this forum and now it's time to put things into perspective.
  • chicken little
    chicken little

Welcome to the forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit