VW emissions cheating and driverless cars

by Simon 25 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    Yep that's gonna work.. the same as they have 'independent federal controllers' that constantly tell us that Monsanto GM foods are safe and good for us.

To have proper oversight, you need rules on donations. The US political system is stinking with corruption by lobbyists and the like which doesn't help. But not all agencies are always badly run.

Something has gone very wrong here though but again, lookout for the government simply wanting it's "cut" by fining the company ... effectively taking some of the money that the consumers paid.

Fine's always seem to me to be "you ripped people off ... we want some of that money too !"

• DJS
    DJS

Simon and SS,

Great lists! The only thing I would add is Slower Traffic Keep Right. If you are in the fast lane and you see my BMW on your ass and no one is in front of you, move over. And if you are in the fast lane, in a multi-lane highway/Interstate, and there are a lot of people lined up behind and no one in front of you - you aren't leading - you're impeding progress.

GTF out of everyone's way, and especially mine.

• Simon
    Simon

I thought of some more ...

When the lights turn green, you should go. I know this sounds obvious but some people seem to sit there for an eternity. You shouldn't be playing Angry Birds or checking your email, you should be watching for that light changing like it's the start of an F1 race.

One for us Canadians in the cold north - when the lights change and it's snow and ice, don't plant your foot on the gas and wonder why you aren't moving. You are just polishing the ice and making it harder for people to stop. You need less gas, not more.

On a related note, just because your 4-wheel drive helps you to start moving when it's icy, doesn't mean it will help you stop any faster. So leave a gap. Seriously, a much bigger gap, especially if you're behind me. I'll purposefully slow down and drive through all the slush to give your windscreen a drenching.

Here's a tip: if someone is too close then turn on your lights and fog-lights at the same time and it will look like your rear brakes. If you hit the gas at the same time you leave them behind and they don't have a clue what just happens. Usually someone pulls into the gap they left. Bwa ha haa.

I'm still seriously considering rigging up the rear washer-spray to fire ink backwards like I'm on the wacky races. Even better, a Raspberry Pi with a camera controlling a laser pointer. If people get too close - zap, instant blindness.

Also, you really don't need main beam and fog lights on when you're driving through town unless it is foggy (when main beam won't help). It makes no sense letting people put both of those on at once.

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    I completely agree Simon.. I just have very little faith in the 'controllers'..
  • cappytan
    cappytan

I can't be the only exJW one who giggles every time I see any form of the word "emission."

;)

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    On a related note, just because your 4-wheel drive helps you to start moving when it's icy, doesn't mean it will help you stop any faster. So leave a gap. Seriously, a much bigger gap, especially if you're behind me. I'll purposefully slow down and drive through all the slush to give your windscreen a drenching.

I lived in Colorado for ten years, this seemed to be a common delusion, but four wheel drive does not actually mean four wheel stop. After every snowstorm you would see lots and lots of SUVs greasy side up on the side of the highway, they never learned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit