How a child's mind works

by Mulan 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Princess
    Princess

Steve and I were talking about this last night. Rhys' logic was sound when he said 1) He should not have made the tree and 2) He should have killed Satan. The WTS always had a way around the obvious though. They said if he had killed Satan then it would have left the question in the minds of his other creatures of God's right to rule. They never thought about how a swift death blow would wipe the question right out of their minds. If god had killed Satan immediately, they would see that anyone who questions god gets it.

The test of Adam and Eve was ridiculous. Do we as parents watch to see if our kids will really obey our command not to run in the middle of a busy street? What would be the point of that? Would it show that they really do love us if they stay in the yard? I know my kids love me and I don't ever feel the need to test it. I also know they disobey on a very regular basis and some discipline is all it takes to put them back on the right track. Couldn't god have done the same with Adam and Eve?

• Mulan
    Mulan

This is another of those things I used to think about and just never would dwell on. Kids make it all so simple.

Good points, Rachel.

• Makena1
    Makena1

Thanks Rachel and Mulan for reposting this. I missed it the first time around.

Sabine and I think that Rachel's kids are charming - and since we have met them a few times, also think they are very bright. Your story confirms it. I am glad they are being brought up in an environment where they can question things and express themselves.

Most of us here never got that chance!

Hugs,

Mak and Sabine

• mustang
    mustang

...tough audience!!!!

But JW's deserve the new generation.

Mustang

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

A few things I find interesting about the garden of eden story is that it says Adam and Eve didn't even notice the fruit on the tree until it was pointed out to them and only then did they desire to eat it.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a verse in the bible that says that God sheilded his eyes from knowing the future of adam and eve, as to whether they would disobey him or not. I seem to remember seeing this. That he did not look into the future to see that they would sin and that he would have to kill them. I guess he just wanted to be surprised.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit