About a year ago I attended mass after decades of absence.
Bad things first:
- too many rites (I find them personally annoying)
- a lot of church singing
- the acoustic is bad, especially in cathedrals,
- you have a big cross of a huge crucified (oops, I meant impaled) Jesus. I just never liked the graphic representation and the emotional manipulation intended. Jesus knew the whole thing was a silly scapegoating act. What's few hours of pain for a guy who is billions of years old and is more famous than the Beetles. I thing women with many children have suffered more during their deliveries.
- No apocalyptic BS
- No insulting other religions
- Young ladies dress more provocative than JW women in kingdom halls... yes I know, how shallow of me
- You don't have to pretend brotherly love by hugging everyone at the beginning and the end of the mass
- the homily is about how to live better moral lives, not about preaching because the end is tomorrow, or soon after.