October 1, 1914 -- October 1, 2017

by Alfred 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Alfred
    Alfred

“October 1, 1914, on taking his place at the breakfast table in the Brooklyn Bethel dining-room, he in a strong voice denoting conviction announced: “The Gentile Times have ended!” “ – Watchtower July 15, 1950 page 216 paragraph 1

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Yea my father-in-law when giving us tours at Bethel would love to take us to the room where that happened and tell us.

"the kings have had their day"

So sad - so many wasted lives:(

• zeb
    zeb

103 years later... so? I was a bit stumped by this item as I was per.. looking.. at the swim suit add next to the item.

Peace.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

"The kings have had their day!" "So now we can look forward to Hitler, Mussolini, Japan's emperor, Stalin etc. They hang their hat on this quote?!! So Jesus reign brought us these guys?

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@nowwhat? You just blew my mind.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Russell made a lot of bat shit crazy comments in his lifetime and he passed his lunacy on to those who followed him. Makes me ill to think that at one time I believed his crap!

just saying!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Just how many people have lived and died over the century since these predictions were made? How many lives were damaged following this religion's faulty advice whether it was over blood transfusions or people not getting a decent job to support themselves and their families?

I'm glad I got out.

• skin
    skin

"The Kings have had their day". For those that are fully in the org, this statement is a clear sign that Russell knew what he was talking about. But for everyone else, It is, what is he talking about? Who are these Kings that had their day in 1914? Got to remember too, that at this time, Russell was still fully convinced that the destruction of all ungodly men was going to take place before the end of 1914.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

The Watchtower has had "its day", and stands at the head of the false prophet line in my view.

• waton
    waton

"The kings had their day" , this idea, that the rulers: Kaiser, King and Zar, and your local dogcatcher were now illegitimately hanging on to their power, may have been behind the unscriptural teaching introduced circa 1929, that these were not the "superior authorities " of Romans 13, but that J1 and J2 were.

It took wt ~60 years to legitimise the "worldly" governments again. This flip flop indirectly acknowledging that Church doctrines migh be right, wt wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit