Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 09-20-2015 WT Study (LOYALTY)

by blondie 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"How would you have reacted? Understandably, such comments made Zoila uncomfortable. But commendably, she sought Jehovah’s help to quash any negative reaction that arose in her heart."

Why can't they allow that she should have told them this was offensive speech?

Does she have to tolerate it?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Isn't American football one of the most violent sports in existence? Just because they aren't punching and kicking doesn't make it non-violent.

I thought Jeehoober hates violence? Why are JWs even watching? Oh! That's right!! They all secretly love everything about the "world!" They love TV, Internet, Sports, Cityscapes, healthcare, roads, ect!

DD

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

Watchtarded

I commented on this sentence because I thought its stupidity deserved notice and tied it into 1 Tim 2:3,4. But after handing the mic back I realized wtf is that sentence even doing in there. I doesn't fit in the paragraph well. Except to say "you can be open minded all you want as long as your understanding acceptably fits into our dogma the wonderful new light we are sharing."

18 God wants people of all sorts to come to an accurate knowledge of truth and to enjoy everlasting life. (John 3:16; 1 Tim. 2:3, 4) Open-mindedness toward a diversity of acceptable ideas enriches us and protects our Christian unity. As we maintain our loyalty to Jehovah, we must avoid involvement in the world’s controversies. Partisan allegiances have no place among us. How thankful we are to Jehovah for freeing us from the divisive, prideful, competitive practices that dominate Satan’s world! May it be our determination to cultivate a peaceful attitude like that expressed by the psalmist: “Look! How good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity!”—Ps. 133:1.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Coming late as usual... but still. Para 2 said:

2 People who do not share our faith may feel a special loyalty to their country, tribe, or culture or even to their national sports team.

So those in the faith do not support their national sports team eh?

I could not help thinking of that vid clip from our friend Geoffrey Jackson, when he chose to liken the nearness of "the end" to the closing minutes of an International football match ,and one between two of the hottest rivals Brazil v Argentina . He knew all about it , the brothers certainly got the point... Why use that illustration if it were something that J W's abstain from?

https://vid.me/8TUy

Regarding real racism , sadly I have observed recently several occasions when dubs have let slip their negativity to those of other ethnicity .It has shocked me. I used to take pride in the knowledge that the movement to which I then belonged was free of that... No more, it seems

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit