Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 09-20-2015 WT Study (LOYALTY)

by blondie 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

BLONDIE’S highlights FROM the 09-20-2015 WT Study (JULY 15, 2015), pages (22-26)

EXCELLENT GENERAL WEBSITE: www.jwfacts.com

Bible translations www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible

WT publications http://www.a2z.org/wtarchive/archive.htm (old)

www.jw.org (new)

WT child abuse www.silentlambs.org

www.watchtowerdocuments.com/

Blood issue www.ajwrb.org

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

United Nations http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm

Also posted on

www.jehovahs-witness.net

http://www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/

Maintain Your Loyalty to God’s Kingdom

“They are no part of the world.”—JOHN 17:16.

SONGS: 63, 129

CAN YOU ANSWER?

• Why did Jesus not take sides in any controversy of this world?

• About what issue must Christians express a clear preference?

• How can you train yourself to be loyal to Jehovah and to his Kingdom?

1, 2. (a) Why is loyalty to God important to Christians, and how does this relate to neutrality? (See opening image.) (b) What loyalties do many people display, but in what might that result?

LOYALTY and neutrality are always issues for true Christians, not just in times of war. Why? Because all who are dedicated to Jehovah have promised him their love, loyalty, and obedience. (1 John 5:3) We want to abide by God’s righteous standards wherever we live and whatever our background, nationality, or culture. Loyalty to Jehovah and to his Kingdom transcends any other attachment we may have. (Matt. 6:33) Such loyalty requires that Christians remain separate from all conflicts and controversies of this world.—Isa. 2:4; read John 17:11, 15, 16.

2 People who do not share our faith may feel a special loyalty to their country, tribe, or culture or even to their national sports team. Challenges to such loyalties have resulted in competition and rivalry and, in extreme cases, bloodshed and genocide. The way that people resolve these issues, for better or for worse, might touch us or our families personally because we are inescapably a part of human society. Since God made man with an innate sense of justice, the decisions that human governments make may offend our sense of what is right and fair. (Gen. 1:27; Deut. 32:4) How do we react under such circumstances? It would be all too easy to take sides in worldly issues and be drawn into controversy.

COMMENTS

True Christians = only jws, everyone else are false Christians, "so-called," "professed"

The WTS does not consider its members "pacifists" because Jesus fights wars.

Why not loyalty to Jesus and his Kingdom?

Do jws not feel loyalty to a sports team….have the never visited a congregation where the elders have a special room at home decorate with the team colors and emblems, or seem the elder who drives up with his team's flag hanging out the car window?

Or the decisions made by local elders, COs, and WTS headquarters that "offend our sense of what is right and fair?

3, 4. (a) Why do Christians remain neutral in the controversies of this world? (b) What will this article address?

3 The institutions that govern human society may pressure citizens to take sides in conflicts that arise. True Christians cannot do so. We do not participate in the political controversies of this world; nor do we take up arms. (Matt. 26:52) We are not swayed by efforts to involve us in exalting any portion of Satan’s world over another. (2 Cor. 2:11) Being no part of the world, we rise above worldly rivalries.—Read John 15:18, 19.

4 Because we are imperfect, though, some of us may be struggling to eliminate divisive attitudes characteristic of our former way of thinking. (Jer. 17:9; Eph. 4:22-24) Hence, this article will consider some principles that can help us overcome such tendencies. We will also examine how we can train our mind and conscience to be loyal to God’s Kingdom.

COMMENTS

Have you heard jws (or said yourself) if I did vote, I would vote for this candidate. The people in this country are worse than those in my country.

WHY WE DO NOT TAKE SIDES IN THIS WORLD’S ISSUES

5, 6. How did Jesus react to diversity in the nation in which he lived, and why?

5 If you are ever in doubt as to how you ought to behave in any given situation, it would be wise to ask yourself, ‘What would Jesus have done?’ The nation in which Jesus lived was made up of people from various regions—Judea, Galilee, Samaria, and others. Bible accounts reveal that there were tensions between people of these different areas. (John 4:9) Tensions also existed between Pharisees and Sadducees (Acts 23:6-9), between the people and the tax collectors (Matt. 9:11), and between those who had received a Rabbinic education and those who had not. (John 7:49) In the first century, Israel was ruled by the Romans, whose presence was deeply resented by the local people. While Jesus championed religious truth and acknowledged that salvation originated with the Jews, he never encouraged his disciples to foster rivalries. (John 4:22) On the contrary, he urged them to love all men as their neighbor.—Luke 10:27.

6 Why did Jesus not endorse common Jewish prejudices? Because neither he nor his Father takes sides in this world’s controversies. When Jehovah through his Son created man and woman, his intent was that they fill the whole earth. (Gen. 1:27, 28) God designed humans in such a way that they could produce different races. Neither Jehovah nor Jesus exalts one race, nationality, or language above another. (Acts 10:34, 35; Rev. 7:9, 13, 14) We must follow their perfect example.—Matt. 5:43-48.

COMMENTS

What would Jesus have done? Isn't that a false religious saying? Jws are supposed to as what would the GB do.

God never took sides at the flood or Sodom and Gomorrah and in Egypt?

Rivalries in a jw congregation!?

7, 8. (a) On what issue must Christians take sides? (b) What must Christians recognize when it comes to resolving social and political problems?

7 On one issue, however, we must take sides—in supporting Jehovah’s universal sovereignty. Controversy first arose in this regard in Eden when Satan challenged Jehovah’s rule. Now, all must decide whether they believe that God’s way of doing things is superior to Satan’s or vice versa. In all sincerity, do you take Jehovah’s side by choosing to obey his laws and standards instead of doing things your own way? Do you see his Kingdom as the only answer to mankind’s woes? Or do you believe that man is capable of governing himself?—Gen. 3:4, 5.

8 Your answers to these questions will determine how you respond when people ask your opinion on controversial matters. Politicians, activists, and reformers have long struggled to find solutions to divisive issues. Their efforts may be sincere and well-motivated. Yet, Christians recognize that only God’s Kingdom can solve mankind’s problems and guarantee true justice. We must leave the matter in Jehovah’s hands. After all, if each Christian advocated the solution he thought best, would not our congregations soon become divided.

COMMENTS

"universal" sovereignty, not on earth right. Supporting that means judging all outside the WTS on earth are under Satan's control and support him knowingly or unknowingly, right?

Do God's laws forbid jws to report pedophiles and murderers to secular authorities? That jws just not try to "find solutions" to such issues, that they should tell the victims to "wait on God" and not seek protection? Should they then "leave the matter in Jehovah's hands" and does that mean that the WTS does not seek legal redress?

9. What problem existed in the first-century congregation in Corinth, but what solution did the apostle Paul recommend?

9 Note how some first-century Christians reacted to one divisive issue that arose within the congregation. Individuals in Corinth were saying: “‘I belong to Paul,’ ‘But I to Apollos,’ ‘But I to Cephas,’ ‘But I to Christ.’” Whatever the underlying issue, the apostle Paul was indignant about its effect. “Is the Christ divided?” he asked. What was the solution to such disruptive thinking? Paul exhorted the Christians: “Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.” Neither should there be divisions of any kind in the Christian congregation today.—1 Cor. 1:10-13; read Romans 16:17, 18.

COMMENTS

Are elders even on the same BOE united but merely give in to the simple majority even when it is wrong scripturally even ethically?

10. How did the apostle Paul illustrate a Christian’s need to remain neutral in this world’s disputes?

10 Paul urged anointed Christians to focus on their heavenly citizenship rather than on earthly things. (Phil. 3:17-20) * They were to act as ambassadors substituting for Christ. Ambassadors do not meddle in the affairs of the nations to which they are assigned. Their loyalties lie elsewhere. (2 Cor. 5:20) Christians with an earthly hope are also subjects of God’s Kingdom, so it is inappropriate for them to take sides in this world’s disputes.

COMMENTS

So the WTS usually and almost focuses on the fact that ambassadors represent a country, a government, God's kingdom. But here the WTS focuses on not meddling in governments….that means many jws have forgotten that teaching of the WTS and are meddling, in a great number of issues: Iran, Iraq, ISIS, now a US Presidential election, migrants in Europe, child abuse in the Catholic Church, the visit of the pope to the US…and you can bet jws have private opinions that are slipping out around non-jw workmates, non-jw relatives and neighbors, etc.

TRAIN YOURSELF TO BE LOYAL TO JEHOVAH

11, 12. (a) What kind of environment can make it challenging for a Christian to maintain loyalty to God’s Kingdom? (b) What issue did one Christian face, and how did she deal with it?

11 In most parts of the world, communities are close-knit. They are united by a common history, culture, and language in which the local people take great pride. In such settings, Christians have to train their mind and conscience to respond appropriately when neutrality-related issues arise. How can they do this?

12 Take, for example, Mirjeta * from a region of the former Yugoslavia. She was raised to hate Serbians. On learning that Jehovah is impartial and that Satan is responsible for inciting ethnic problems, she strove to rid herself of nationalistic sentiments. Yet, when ethnic violence broke out in her area, old hatreds began to resurface in her, causing Mirjeta to find it difficult to preach to Serbs. She realized, though, that she could not just sit back and hope that such unwholesome feelings would go away. She begged Jehovah for help not only to overcome this challenge but also to increase her service and qualify to become a pioneer. “I have found that focusing on the ministry is the best help ever,” she says. “In the ministry, I try to imitate Jehovah’s loving personality, and I have seen my negative feelings melt away.”

COMMENTS

Are jws close-knit with the communities they live in or do they keep themselves separate, seeing them as under Satan's control?

I can imagine that jws don't hate other jws from another ethnic group, but what about the non-jw members? In my area, many jws will not go door to door in neighborhoods where mostly gay people live, in single family homes and children. Others white jws will not go in poor black/hispanic areas…finding a reason such as making rvs on a Saturday morning, suddenly changing their plans when they see where the territory is. What about Muslim communities, poor communities?

13. (a) What situation made one Witness uncomfortable, but how did she react? (b) What lesson can we learn from Zoila’s experience?

13 Consider another example, that of Zoila. Originally from Mexico, she now attends a congregation in Europe. She noted that in the congregation, some brothers who were from certain parts of Latin America made tactless and disparaging remarks about her homeland, its customs, and even its music. How would you have reacted? Understandably, such comments made Zoila uncomfortable. But commendably, she sought Jehovah’s help to quash any negative reaction that arose in her heart. We have to admit that some among us are still struggling to deal with similar issues. Never would we want to say or do anything that could foment divisions or promote inappropriate loyalties among our brothers—or among anyone else for that matter.—Rom. 14:19; 2 Cor. 6:3.

COMMENTS

So who are making these comments….spiritually mature…who will help them see politely the error of their ways? We even had an elder get up at a service meeting and berate the lighter colored black jws for avoiding the darker ones socially…………! More than once.

14. How can Christians train their mind and conscience regarding questions of loyalty?

14 Has your upbringing or environment exposed you to national or regional loyalties? Do any such feelings still linger in your heart? Christians should not allow nationalistic fervor to taint their view of others. But what if you realize that you do have negative thoughts toward people of other nations, cultures, languages, or races? Then it would certainly be profitable to meditate on how Jehovah views nationalism and prejudice. Researching these and related topics may prove to be a worthwhile project for personal study or family worship. Then petition Jehovah for help to embrace his point of view on these matters.—Read Romans 12:2.

COMMENTS

Wouldn't it be awful to see ex-jws have the same thinking? I don't think many jws will change due to this article but I wonder how many ex-jws will? Ex-jws hopefully no long see all non-jws as tools of Satan as jws are taught…I hope not.

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego refuse to bow down to the image of gold

Loyalty to Jehovah requires that we be steadfast in the face of threats (See paragraphs 15, 16)

15, 16. (a) How should we expect others to react to our remaining loyal to God? (b) How can parents help their children to meet the challenge of Christian loyalty?

15 Sooner or later, all of Jehovah’s servants will find themselves in situations in which their conscience obliges them to stand out as different from those around them—whether colleagues, classmates, neighbors, relatives, or others. (1 Pet. 2:19) Yet, stand out we must! We should not be surprised if the world hates us for our stand; Jesus warned us that it would. Most opposers do not appreciate the importance of the issues involved in Christian neutrality. For us, though, these are matters of utmost importance.

16 Loyalty to Jehovah requires that we be steadfast in the face of threats. (Dan. 3:16-18) Fear of man can affect people of all ages, but young people may find it especially difficult to go against the flow, so to speak. If your children are facing such issues as the flag salute or nationalistic celebrations, do not hesitate to assist them. Use Family Worship sessions to help your children understand the issues involved so that they can meet those challenges courageously. Help them to express their personal convictions clearly and respectfully. (Rom. 1:16) To back up your children, take the initiative to speak with their teachers about these matters if necessary.

COMMENTS

Jehovah's servants---only jws

How many jws judge other jws as flawed and not worthy of Christian love? If a jw child does not salute the flag but ignores another child because their parent has been df'd how is that better?

APPRECIATE ALL OF JEHOVAH’S CREATION!

17. What attitude should we avoid, and why?

17 It is understandable that we might feel some affection for the land, the culture, the language, and the food of the country we were raised in. However, we must avoid the “mine is best” attitude. For our pleasure, Jehovah has created great variety in all things. (Ps. 104:24; Rev. 4:11) So why insist that one way of doing things is superior to another?

COMMENTS

"mine is best" but not because of the land, culture, language, food….but because the people are not jws. WTS insists that their way is the only way, the superior way to anything else.

18. How will adopting Jehovah’s view result in blessings?

18 God wants people of all sorts to come to an accurate knowledge of truth and to enjoy everlasting life. (John 3:16; 1 Tim. 2:3, 4) Open-mindedness toward a diversity of acceptable ideas enriches us and protects our Christian unity. As we maintain our loyalty to Jehovah, we must avoid involvement in the world’s controversies. Partisan allegiances have no place among us. How thankful we are to Jehovah for freeing us from the divisive, prideful, competitive practices that dominate Satan’s world! May it be our determination to cultivate a peaceful attitude like that expressed by the psalmist: “Look! How good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity!”—Ps. 133:1.

COMMENTS

So is the problem outside the congregation or inside? Jws are taught that everything non-jw is flawed, unacceptable; then they begin to judge other jws in the congregation as not good enough, and thus these jws are not suitable to associate with.

CONCLUDING COMMENTS

Jws do have political opinions but keep them private and share them with only trusted friends (oxymoron?). They have strong opinions about sport teams as well. And jws including the WTS org get involved in secular governments to get laws changed.

Love, Blondie

• blondie
    blondie
    bttt
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So, Jeehoobie doesn't take sides, eh??? That explains why he hasn't done a damn thing about child sexual abuse within the WTBTS.

DD

• JustVisting
    JustVisting
    "elders have a special room at home decorate with the team colors and emblems" This comment strikes a chord. I've known of an elder hosting Superbowl viewing parties dressed up in team jersey, face paint and pom-poms. Neutral my arse!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Blonde, great comments. Thanks for sharing.
  • prologos
    prologos

blondie, thank for the preview, many here can not stomach going over this 1) when it is delivered, 2) personal study 3) Monday night B-family worship night and 4) congregation wt study. even once is enough to cull the errors "gems"

• smiddy
    smiddy

Elders in my congregation hosted world cup series of soccer , regardless of the hour it was shown live here in Australia .which I attended .As well as grand Final telecasts of AFL football games with beer and finger food.

Currently their is a "Devout" (I love that word ) Jehovah`s Witness AFL player who was supposedly tossing up whether to give up the code and pioneer , or carry on with his football career , guess which one won.He was just using a ploy to extract more money out of the club of course.And of course he`s in good standing in the congregation and enjoying the adulation of the football public.

I challenge the Jehovah`s Witnesses/WTB&TS to name and shame those people, whether they be sports stars , Pop stars , any and all celebrities , who claim to be Jehovah`s Witnesses and call them out for not obeying the Governing Body`s directions .

The nobody , rank and file member is hauled before a Judicial Committee for the slightest infringement .

How about one rule for all instead of pandering to the rich and famous.

It wouldn`t have to do with money/contributions would it ?

smiddy

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

"Take, for example, Mirjeta from a region of the former Yugoslavia. She was raised to hate Serbians. On learning that Jehovah is impartial and that Satan is responsible for inciting ethnic problems, she strove to rid herself of nationalistic sentiments...I try to imitate Jehovah’s loving personality."

Mirjeta, thank goodness you listen to the Watchtowers point of view because if you really imitated Jehovah, well...

1 Samual 14:47-48 "After Saul had assumed rule over Israel, he fought against their enemies on every side: Moab, the Ammonites, Edom, the kings of Zobah, and the Philistines. Wherever he turned, he inflicted punishment on them. He fought valiantly and defeated the Amalekites, delivering Israel from the hands of those who had plundered them."

Whats that Mirjeta? From the above we can see that Jehovah only had pagan non Jewish ethnicities slaughtered because they actually innitiated the strife? Bravo and sharply spotted. Mirjeta that must be a load off your mind, phew! Jehovah would never start an ethnic cleansing war now would he?

Deuteronomy 20:16–18 “Only in the cities of these peoples that the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, you shall not leave alive anything that breathes. But you shall utterly destroy them: the Hittite and the Amorite, the Canaanite and the Perizzite, the Hivite and the Jebusite, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that they may not teach you to do according to all their detestable things which they have done for their gods, so that you would sin against the Lord your God”

Oh I see Mirjeta, Jehovah destroyed them because of the "detestable things which they [did] for their gods"...which Israel then proceeded to do under the Lords command, which made it all ok.

Seeing as Serbs are mostly Serbian Orthodox and obviously not Jehovah's Witnesses, Mirjeta you should actually be fine when they are slaughtered in ethnic violence. No? Oh its because Jehovah did not command a slaughter of any nation today. But when Armageddon comes those Serbs will shit their pants when God murders them himself, right?

In conclusion I would like to say that I have to now go and take some serious meds because I'm reasoning with an imaginary Croat quoted in a cult magazine who have twisted a desert deity's bloodthirst into wine and roses.

AND THAT'S WHY I CAN'T READ WATCHTOWER ARTICLES!!!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I came across a quote today:

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.

Winston Churchill

I would include WT brand theocracy in that.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And suppose the government is about to be usurped by full communism? What is wrong with having an "opinion" that full communism is wrong, since it is blatantly against humanity? Now, if you had a situation where one candidate was a blatant tyrant and would impose full communism on the country, while the other is going to do whatever it takes to defeat communism, what would be the problem with having the whole congregation voting for the side that is going to ruin communism? Nothing. Yet, the jokehovian witlesses would stand on the sidelines, letting communism win by somewhat less than half the size of the congregation.

Or, could it be that the jokehovian religion itself is full communism?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit