The last generation of JW’s

by HiddenPimo 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

If you take a moment to look at the demographics of your congregation (if you’re PIMO), I think you will notice that the youngest elders are in their late thirty’s and early 40’s.

That is the generation that I was part of when still in as an Elder,

we were last ones to work on all the quickbuilds and the big conventions. We were the last ones to remember the original JW way of life with the gatherings all the time and the books studies in the homes.

We are the Last to learn the truth without the internet and videos. No apps no library.

the Information Age and the IOT has killed the cults BITE model when it comes to information control. We had no way to double check what was said at meetings or in the publications.

The generations after us have not drank the koolaide they are not committed like we were. This organization will die in 20-30 years if not sooner. There is not another group of people to take over the aging ranks and even my generation is small compared to the baby boomers who make up the majority of the congregation now.

• blondie
    blondie

What we found is not such much the aging or elder bodies, but the lack of MS to step up to the plate. The possible contender MS can fall into several groups:

1. Never get baptized and/or leave around 18

2. Those who never get baptized but still attend but do not "reach out" even when "encouraged" to do so

3. Those who are in deeply entrenched jw families, who have seen on the sidelines how MS and elders are really treated behind the scenes

4. Elders who voluntarily stepped down as an elder and for the same reasons do not want to even put a toe in the water by being MS.

5. Baptized jw men who don't want to be dumped with "privileges" and be abused, rather have more fun.

And probably more

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

Very true Blondie / it’s probably why there have been so many adjustments and changes to adapt to less company men being available to help.

• sir82
    sir82

"Organization will die in 20-30 years" is quite....optimistic.

BUT, it will be far weaker, and in decline. There will be a grave leadership crisis, as there won't be (hardly) any young leaders except for the cynical ones who just want the prestige. The guys in their 60's & 70's, the primary leaders now, will either be dead or marginalized and there won't be enough replacements.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Then there are the laid off Bethel brothers/sisters after many years of service who were told to return to their home congregation and pioneer. Definitely no golden parachutist.

I would imagine it is going to be hard for many to adjust.

These folks may never have paid into Social Security (US) if after HS they pioneered for a year or two then went straight to Bethel. They may have a problem getting medical insurance, possibly impoverished, dependent on elderly parents or other family, and no professional experience for their resume and depending on what they did at Bethel or the Branch nothing that would make it easy to get a decent paying job.

I imagine a fair number of them are sitting at meetings with a black cloud above them.

They were once a part of Jah's chariot now they are standing on the side of the road with their thumb out trying to hitch a ride.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Unfortunately the Jehovah's Witnesses religion is like a mutating, antibiotic resistant strain of herpes. I think this is one of the reasons it has lasted this long. If it hadn't adopted the changes it has over the past decade it would have died in the U.S., which would ultimately have killed it world wide.

I grew up as a Witness in the 80s and 90s. I don't even recognize the religion in its current form. There has been a complete reversal on Witnesses studying and educating themselves in Bible research. I would never have guessed that as time progressed, allegedly bringing us closer to Armageddon, there would be fewer meetings and publications.

• Spiral
    Spiral

I do think if they don't modernize their approach, they'll lose a lot of ground in "western" countries.

For instance, if they continue to prevent women from doing anything meaningful in the congregation, the younger generations won't see the point of being in this "church" when they could join one where women can participate.

The shift to other parts of the globe will sustain their numbers for a while, but after a few decades their archaic form of worship will die out in most countries.

But in the meanwhile, the top 1% of this religion will have fleeced the rest of the flock.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Sorry to burst your bubble, but in the two Congs with which I am most familiar still, there are the 20-somethings and 30-somethings who are stepping up to be MS and Elders. These Congs "use them" from an early age and make them feel important and needed. Admittedly, I think there has been a "brain drain". The best and brightest are not hanging around.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

As long as there are willing sheeples, there will be a WT. "There's a sucker born every minute." Like Sir 82 said, it will be a smaller group but they will still be around. Sadly!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I’m inclined to agree with those who think the JW religion will still be around in a much changed form - smaller and more unrecognizable.

If they continue to sell off kingdom halls this is going to be very BAD news for the ex-bethelites in congregations and other needy JWs who are depending on ‘charity’ - an envelope of cash - from people in the congregations who are probably tired of giving (glad I’m not there)....If they keep losing brothers in general, that’s fewer people to go around to even ASK for money on behalf of these needy types.

If things get worse for the religion with too many lawsuits- and they KEEP on selling off kingdom halls in one place after another - all these needy and dependent Witnesses will have a worse problem. It would give the appearance that the ship has been abandoned with some passengers still on it...These needy JWs are going to have to chase after and show their faces at whatever faraway hall or they’d NEVER get any help.

This is just my prediction if it keeps up the way it’s going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit