When Cowards Run a Religion

by metatron 18 Replies latest jw friends

• r51785
    r51785

Metatron,

Good post. I'm reminded of the Marquis de Mirabeau's remarks about Prussia not being a state with an army but an army with a state. In this case the WT is not a religion having lawyers but lawyers having a religion.

• Farkel
    Farkel

metatron has this way of making threads and never responding to them. It's just his way.

metatron started this post and made one HUGE paragraph! Farkel has never seen a paragraph this large. Ever.

Nice work at dividing metatron's words into digestible pieces, Unc.

Metatron has made MANY excellent observations during his posting career. Sometimes, others have to try to piece-meal them out to the folks.

Thanks again, Unc.

Farkel

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Lawyers with a religion! ROTFLMAO!

Well said!

I remember one service day when, in the presence of the PO, I mockingly called the religion a "Neo-fascist corporate supercult."

He laughed. I laughed. We all laughed. So close to the truth and yet so far...

CZAR

• Maverick
    Maverick

Nicely put together folks. Here is an example of a group project. Each person adding a little to the basic article. How different from the WT study where they spoon fed us and had us spit it back out undigested! And even if not all points are agreed with totally all are repected. It helps me recover from my spiritual malnourishment. I find this whole process cathartic. Thank you all! Maverick

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

Now, would the kind gentleman be explaining to the judge that he works for Satan.

The next page goes on to say that Judges should be aware that the highest power is Jehovah, and that everyone is accountable to him.

• asher
    asher

I think they are careful about what is put into print, but, they can get by with a lot of verbal instruction by their traveling reps, and then deny it if they run into trouble with it.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Metatron,

Sometimes in the back of my mind I still wonder whether I made a mistake about the Watchtower. Could there be some truth to it? Are we in the wrong?

Then, I read a post like yours and I get my sanity back. How could I even for one moment think that the JW have an ounce of truth?

Thanks for putting me back on tract.

Wannaexit

• JT
    JT
    I don't see them as cowards. I see this as a final step in their evolution into a business rather than a religion

excellent point, the wt had become more in tuned with the market they serve

the days of bragging about sticking ones foot in someones door as they close it are over-

notice when the wt needs to select bro to go before various boards they always insist on the most polished - why not rely on jah like moses who said he could not speak-

i recall when "Business Witnessing " kicked off when i was at bethel ONLY CERTAIN BRO WERE EVEN ALLOWED TO PREACH IN THE WALL STREET DISTRICT-

While many who post continue to try and find some bible fullfillment in wt, EXAMPLE- false prophet, or the fullfillment of some bible prophecy about the the last days, the fact are wt is a Major Amercian Corp that sells "Hope" and they have made a ton of money doing it-

the mere fact that they masquarade around as a religion/god/bible is of no importance at all

many illegal corp masquarade as what they are not

Enron and Worldcom masquaraded around as if they were high flying successful companies, when in fact they were mere shells cooking the books

but due to the long standing view of the gov-- to not get into religion--- religion has been given free rein to "Dick and Screw" up folks lives

When you look at how they have setup five new corps to protect itself, they realize that the days of "Talking Sh!t" publicly are foolish-

they have merely mastered the art of being "Politically Correct bottom line

• amen
    amen

Over the years I have seen how the society has tryed to be politically correct. I have seen how they are paranoi. I realised at the time when i went to the asembly they are trying to defend themself against the critiques or apostats. I was thinking that the apostats are doing a good jobs. However I think most JW did not have a clue or what was going on.

When I heard at the KH some speakers saying some apostats said this, I was wondering where the heck they get these information, it's only for the last 2 years i figured it out it was from the internet.

Yes the society will be coming more paranoi in the future.

Amen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit