Does the Governing Body already know that Jehovah (the name) came from Babylon the Great?

by Chevelle 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• aqwsed12345
    aqwsed12345

iloowy.goowy

"Do you realize that the same could be said for Yeshua's name?"

This is true, except that there is a biblical precedent for the transliteration of other biblical names (including that of Jesus): his original Hebrew/Aramaic name (Yeshua) was already transliterated into Greek by the apostolic writers of the New Testament: Iesous. So the name of Jesus is legitimately transliterated to "Jesus" in English, but the Hebrew name YHWH was never Greekized, etc., so it should not be transliterated that way.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

God's Name in American Sign Language is symbolized by two letters, but I am not sure how God's Name is signed in Chinese Sign Language, since Chinese is built in a different way than English.

Jesus' name in ASL is not based on "letters" at all, it is a sign using the middle fingers of each hand to tap the middle of the opposite hands (formulated by somebody trying to symbolize where they think the nails were driven through).

I don't know much about braille, but I do know there are little dots poked through a page and that stands for different thoughts and expressions.

Languages are all about symbols. Whether those symbols are read/uttered/vocalized/acted/displayed/felt/etc is not as important as whether their meaning is conveyed/understood.

As already brought out, Jehovah knows the languages are all mixed up right now - He's the One who did the Babel language thing. Do we know what the Meaning of God's Name is and Do We Believe what it means? Do we call on Him in faith that He'll do everything He says he'll do and more? Those questions are more important than whether or not we say "Jehovah" or "Yahweh" or whatever. "Jehovah knows those who belong to him."

(Personally, I think it's easier to say "Yahweh" than "Jehovah", and I also think it's easier to pray through the name of "Yehoshua" than "Jesus", but I've prayed to God using both the name "Yahweh" and "Jehovah" interchangeably as well as praying in ASL at times using the name-sign of God as "J-H" and He's answered prayers when I've used any of those "pronunciations".)

I don't really care what the GB says about it, because the whole GB/FDS/exalted-clergy thing is part of "Babylon the Great" anyway. They make a big deal out of little things and then swallow down the camel. Jehovah has real witnesses in many religions, and some who don't belong to any religious institution.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Does the Governing Body know it is ALL bullshit ? is a more pertinent question.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Haha! Hey, Jehovah wasn't against letting religious fakers in the past know when they were full of bs...He used their own bs against them...

"If you refuse to listen and to take it to heart to glorify my name,” says Jehovah of armies, “I will send on you the curse, and I will turn your blessings into curses. Yes, I have turned the blessings into curses, because you are not taking it to heart.” “Look! I will ruin your sown seed because of you, and I will scatter dung on your faces, the dung of your festivals; and you will be carried away to it." (Malachi 2:2,3)

The GB will know that they are full of bs when Jehovah puts the bs back in their own faces. They'll have to know that He is Jehovah and He knows bs when He sees it.😁

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit