A first for me

by thinkers wife 19 Replies latest jw friends

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

How wonderful!!! I am so glad some have finally had this realization. Hopefully, Thinker and I will get to meet some too. Riz, I love your posts. Wish you were on the east coast. Carmel would be a trip too.
    My memory fails me Rachel, you and Nate are a couple? I like Nate's posts too.
    Anyway, good for all of you.
    TW

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi riz:

I so totally agree with you about how comforting it is "to know that there are people out there who have been living under similar circumstances whom we can speak freely with."

I can't express enough how much this forum is doing for me. When I am down, this place picks me up with encouraging words not guilt. There's no "get over it" or "stop feeling sorry for yourself" or "get out in service more, so you don't dwell on your problems". (like that ever fixed any of them)

I do wish I could attend your gathering in May but geography is too much of a roadblock for me right now (S.Ontario)

At least I have this forum to visit daily and I do have a couple of very close friends who feel the same as I do and we can share the experiences and knowledge presented here together.

Had Enough (but can't get enough of this place)

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Riz,
    Been there done that, the small towns. Still live in a pretty small place. But it would probably take us at least half a day.
    Definitely look us up if you ever do come to the east coast. Thinker and I would consider it a privilege!!! We have an extra room and you and your husband would even have your own bathroom!!! (if Nate tags along which would be wonderful, he'll have to fight with you guys for the bathroom.
    TW

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Thanks riz: I hope it becomes a tradition too. What fun!

Had Enough

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Riz,
    I want to sweeten this deal. We live in the Shenandoah Valley!!!
    TW

• goo
    goo

hello rizzy, sounds like fun - wish i was there. goo

• JT
    JT

he says:

I can't express enough how much this forum is doing for me. When I am down, this place picks me up with encouraging words not guilt. There's no "get over it" or "stop feeling sorry for yourself" or "get out in service more, so you don't dwell on your problems". (like that ever fixed any of them)

######

one of the keys to getting out of wt is called IN MY VIEW

a CONFIRMATION - once you realize that all you saw, felt and thought while in wt had no relationship with your LACK OF LOVE OF GOD

it is truly a wonderful feeling

the do more do more mindset of NEVER ANY DOWN TIME is wearing very hard on the remaining jw

that is why we are seeing more jw who are still loyal going on about thier lives more and more

many are letting thier kids go to college - they themselves are getting more education by enrolling in community college , etc

they miss more meeeting with less feellig of guilt and they are questioning more and more

and despite the fact they still remain it shows the Grip of WT is weaking-

one can only wonder what will happen in 10yrs

but once a person gets a confirmation they are on thier way to real freedom

james

• rob
    rob

Riz,
    TW conveniently forgets that I, too live in the same town as she and Thinker. Tw and I have lunch together every couple of weeks. We have been trying to woo a few of our fellow forumers to come and see us. So count me in...(My eldest daughter's name is Rachel). Come on out, the apple blossoms are lovely!

• unanswered
    unanswered

riz- i totally concur, meeting carmel this morning was great.:) it was fun sharing stories, too.

carmel-i hope there are future meetings, you are a true gentleman.

thinker's wife-thank you for the nice thoughts, it would be very nice to meet you and your husband.:) i have posted this before, but my wife posts under the name rileygurl, it's just that she doesn't often get the opportunity to post.:( i wish she could, though, i'm sure everyone would find her a lot more interesting than me.:)

there are so many more of you i would love to meet, this morning really affirmed for me how nice it was to have a sense of community again. cheers-nate

• Simon
    Simon

I met ISP a few weeks ago and went for a beer with him. It is nice meeting the real people behind the names. I'd love to meet more of you all !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit