Generation of 1914 BEGONE!

by UnDisfellowshipped 25 Replies latest jw friends

• christopherceo
    christopherceo

Thank you for doing all of the research that some of us have no time for, great job. christopherceo

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Undisfellowshiped,

Thank you....Thank you.... Thank you. I have added this to my important information folder. It is so valuable to me!! I can't tell you enough how I appreciate it.

agape love, gold_morning

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi UNDISFELLOWSHIPED ! Just got home and saw your post.Your my kind of researcher ! This one goes into my fav's.This one is beyond dispute,it's settled once and for all.Yes,"Generation of 1914 BEGONE !"

Thanks for all your hard work,Blueblades.

• happysistah
    happysistah

Hi Undis..

I have been inactive for about 3 years. However in Decemer of last year I decided to start going back to the hall. One of the first things I hear is that there has been a change in the way we interpret generations. So I asked what what was it...no one could explain to me what the change in generations was. I asked elders and pioneers and they couldn't explain it to me they told me to go and look it up in the Watchtower. They couldn't even tell me what Watchtower to look in.

So I got on the internet to see what might be out here regarding this new information. I thought there might be something on one of the JW discussion board. And I stumbled upon this board. Well to make a long story short, I did met someone here that explained the new light about "generations" They also introduced me to Ray Franz book Crisis of Conscience. Needless to say I now understand what the new light is and how JW's use the "new Light" to explain away failed prophesies.

Thank you for this information. I know this took allot of time and effort..but I want you to know that I really appreciate it

Thanks,

Happy Sistah

• yesidid
    yesidid

Undisfellowshiped,

That was sooooo good. I loved the way you pointed out, with judicious highlighting, their continuos brainwashing. All the time they said it was Jesus or our creator or the Bible that made this 1914-generation promise. And of course if we had questioned that doctrine at any time we could have been disfellowshiped for ‘causing divisions’ or apostasy’. Thank you, like so many others I have kept your latest great post.

yesidid.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thanks Undisfellowshipped: I love that "term" NEW LIGHT! Does that mean there was old light? Or maybe it is unlight. Is that like the uncola? Is "un" new light kinda like darkness. So the old information wasn't light at all but darkness and the new light would then be NEW DARKNESS. This sound right to me. The Governing Body is updating their prophetic darkness. The only light I feel is my lightheadedness in trying to understand the GB's "light". Maverick "the comfused!"

• Buster
    Buster

Undis,

Nicely assembled. When I first started 'reinvestigating' the JWs after having been out for a while, this was one of the topics that stunned me. I can tell you I've read some of those late 1990's quotes before and my jaw slackens at the sight of them. Nice of them to "acknowledge" that they haven't always seen it that way, huh?

But what amazes me is that they have deposited the 'generation' doctrine into the circular logic bin. It reads to me that they are saying that this generation of bad people will be around until there no more bad people - or is that a pointless truism (AlanF?).

To misquote Carl Sagan, 'after so much failed prophecy, it is amazing that they have any adherents at all.' It doesn't speak well of the thought processes of those still in.

Can you imagine being fooled by that crap? And pretty much all of us were, weren't we?

- Cliff

• UnDisfellowshipped
  • Latte
    Latte

Thanks for posting Undisfellowshipped!

I wonder just what Jehovah or Christ would say if they came to make an 'inspection' ?

I think they would forgive them...don't you? They really didn't mean to LIE..no...not really.

They only used their names and wrapped them in a massive LIE.

• no one
    no one
    That evidently is how Peter understood Jesus’ use of “generation” when he and three other apostles were with Jesus on the Mount of Olives.

Or, maybe not.

When, now, they had assembled, they went asking him: "Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?" Acts 1:6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit