Your Baptism Pics

by kairos 12 Replies latest jw friends

• kairos
    kairos

From the most important day of your life...

• runForever
    runForever
    It all looks so biblical. But the sick thing is they tell you that you can't be part of the new covenant thereby eliminating all chances of passing judgement.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell
    I now know I should never have being baptized as I did not understand all the ramifications of being a baptized JW. If I would have waited till I got out and worked in the world and educated myself it would have been different.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

gee, mine were awful, lol id not show them if someone paid me.

I did not save any because when i decided to leave the wt teachings for good i tossed those and many other assembly photos away. the only ones i did keep were when i was very young back in the 60's and 70's.and only because half my mothers side of the family are jw's and they were in those ones.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I started to swim away after being dunked desperately repeating in my head over and over again "what have I done?!" "what have I done?!"

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    When I got baptized over 3 decades ago, you were considered "puffed up with pride" if you allowed someone to take a picture of you during or immediately after your baptism... That didn't stop many from taking pictures but this was seriously frowned upon. That mentality changed sometime after Whacky Freddy died.
  • kairos
    kairos

March 25 1989. Fremont Assembly Hall.

They used to let you get baptized with your spouse. ( that's my first wife ) we were 19 and 20 years old.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Baptism, you now have just signed a billion-year contract to the Borg in j-dub thinking . Clearly not something a person under age 19 can comprehend.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

I baptized my oldest daughter 1984, I was baptizes in 1970 the wife and I.

• kairos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit