Hasidem Territory

by Blueblades 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Recently JH.asked about bad doors.Has anyone had a whole territory of bad doors,such as a whole community of orthodox Jews.

The Hasidim are members of a sect of Jewish Mystics that originated in Poland in the 18th cent.and that emphasizes joyful worship of an immanent God.

They do not take lightly proselytizing in their community.Anyone have any experiences they would like to relate about working these territories.

Some time ago the Society had certain rules on how and when to work this territory based on reports from the C.O.'s

Blueblades

• Soledad
    Soledad

I remeber when I was still in we had an assembly hall in a large chassidic community (Orange county NY). I later heard that the hall was sold to them for no less than $2M.

• blondie
    blondie

Hasidic Jews have been known to beat up and toss JWs out of their neighborhoods. I don't understand why they don't make it phone or letter territory. Wasn't there an assembly hall in Monroe, NY, near such a community? I understand the WTS sold it and rebuilt in Newburgh.

The women cannot drive and always wear modest dresses and the married women cut their hair and wear wigs. Only their husbands can see their real hair. The men don't grow a beard until they marry.

Door-to-door work in such areas is masochistic.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

The Society views such territories so negatively that they feel that they have already been adversely judged by Jehovah. They are considered "unworthy" of house-to-house visits because of their stand in the community against Jehovah's Witnesses. The Society feels no concern of bloodguilt because they feel these particular Jews have made their own committed stand against Jehovah. It's funny how they can adopt this attitude toward this Jewish community but they refuse to leave everyone else alone.

• TR
    TR

"Hasidic Jews have been known to beat up and toss JWs out of their neighborhoods. "

I think I like these Jews.

TR

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

This is an interesting thread. I often wondered if JW's in New York actually worked territories where Hasidic Jews lived. Not the kind of people I would look forward to talking to on Saturday morning, very rigid and humorless folk.

I

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

This is an interesting thread. I often wondered if JW's in New York actually worked territories where Hasidic Jews lived. Not the kind of people I would look forward to talking to on Saturday morning, very rigid and humorless folk.

I hear

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I hear they

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I hear they have sex through a hole in a sheet.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

oops triple post again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit