Are The Brits Getting Dumber?

by Englishman 37 Replies latest social entertainment

• Englishman
    Englishman

Breakfast Show, Radio Hallam, Sheffield:

Presenter: Of which European country is Lisbon the capital?Contestant: Australia.
    Presenter: Sorry, that’s the wrong answer; we’ll go to the next caller.Second contestant: I were going to say Australia as well. Is it Gibraltar?

National Lottery Jetset, BBC1:

Eamonn Holmes: Who wrote The Catcher In The Rye?Contestant: Chaucer.

The Weakest Link, BBC2:

Anne Robinson: What is the name of the bodily fluid secreted by the lachrymal glands?
    Contestant: Semen.

Poached shamelessly from Private eye by Englishman.

• mouthy
    mouthy

What do you mean GETTING!!!!

• Simon
    Simon

I never cease to be amazed by the incredible 'dumbness' of the general population.

Of course, I blame TV ...

• minimus
    minimus

Are the Brits getting dumber? Impossible, Englishman, impossible.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

<in her best English accent> Not to offend anyone but the ENGLISH military tactic was to stand in lines crouch and then stand and fire good human targets for us soon to be AMERICANS LOL So, I believe they've always been a bit daft LOL

Really I believe that the general population is progressively getting dumber and dumber we have a show called "Street Smarts" Everytime I see it I just hope that it's a set up, if people are that friggin dumb we are SCREWED MAN screwed LOL

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, Englishman ... I'm afraid American culture is spreading and becoming more widespread

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Simon:

American culture

Please try to avoid oxymorons, old chap.

Expatbrit

• riz
    riz

what are you talkin' bout, expat? You think us Americans don't have culture?!?

*waves finger in your face* You don't know me! shut up! Oh no, he didn't. You don't know me! shut up!

*picks up chair and breaks it over expat's back Jerry Springer-style*

(this post brought to you by Montel, Sally Jesse, Jenny Jones, Maury, and other various and sundry piles of crap tv shows)

• Valis
    Valis

Eman..your ears must be burning from accross the pond cuz Trucker was asking me the same about you matey! You will be happy to know that he has not yet landed in jail jor has he drank all the beer...well almost guv...eheh and I'll tell you something else...if all you blokes are like this one then my answer to your question would be no....he's an awfullyy good one to have around when the hair and feather are flyin....I even took him to a pub today and what!? No bar fight? Sheesh...you guys need to get off that rock more often! *LOL* He's sitting here sipping on a tall glass of beer as well speak. Cheers all around!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Englishman
    Englishman

Cheers for that Valis.

So. When do we see some Americans over here, then?

Hmm, is "American visitor" about to become an oxymoron in these troubled times?

Englishman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit