How my awakening began.

by MissDaSilva 16 Replies latest jw friends

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Ah, Stan, what is it with the cereal boxes?

My mother in law is something of a hoarder. Her children went over to do a forced clean up before her apartment inspection.

She didn't like letting any of it go, but she was throwing a pretty ridiculous fit about an old box of Cheerios. They argued back and forth until she finally admitted she had a stash of money in it!

Several hundred dollars almost went right down the trash chute!

Why? She actually has a bank account and a wallet and purse we bought her so she can keep a little cash on hand, but, no, putting it in an old box of Cheerios makes more sense to her.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Speaking of cleaning, I am doing the same, torn front pages out of the books with our names on them and checked throughout so garbage would not know where they are coming from, burned mags and now am looking at the mound of printed off pages with the New Light crap plus , plus, on them and getting ready to burn.

No listening to meetings, no going to meetings, no service, no donations. Feels so good after all these years. I did however, keep some of my collected bibles I obtained - not WTBS- just cause I like to read once in awhile.

Doing a lo key fade - but it still feels good.

• Ding
    Ding

I certainly understand throwing all WT literature in the trash, but often the best evidence that the WT is bogus is its own writings.

For example, how anyone could read The Finished Mystery and believe the WT's claims of divine appointment and direction are beyond me...

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

I am now convinced that the literature DEFINITELY had some kind of “hold” over me - read into that what you will but it was very strange how it turned out.

Can anyone recommend a good Bible? KJV or something more modern perhaps?

Thank you in advance 🙏🌹

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

I don't know what everyone else thinks of this version, but I have recently downloaded and have been reading The 2001 Translation.

You can download it here:

https://2001translation.org/download

Regards

Ron

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

There is a website that has dozens of Bible translations available for reading and searching through. www.biblegateway.com

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I had a bookburning some years ago. All the hardbound books, bound volumes, all of it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit