Did You Know Jehovah & Jesus Attend Meetings & Want You To Scrub Floors?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

According to the Watchtower of Dec. 15, 1985, Jehovah and his Son attend the meetings at the Kingdom Hall. "How Can You Show Gratitude For What Jesus Did" is the article that you should review. This is what it states:"Since Jehovah and Jesus are present invisibly at these gatherings, grateful Christians will not snub them, as the apostates do, but rather do all they reasonably can to attend regularly." Now, since Jehovah and Jesus Christ attend all the meetings, we should be grateful. How can we show our gratitude? Page 6 has pictures with a caption:"Ways that you can show gratitude for Jesus"--------There's apicture of a smiling Jesus with an outstretched hand. He's looking at all the Witnesses filing into the Kingdom Hall with their bookbags. The second picture shows 2 women. One is placing a magazine with a householder. The last picture is of 3 males. A black man is rinsing a mop with his tie on. An Asian boy is sweeping the floor without a tie on. And a white middle-aged man with a suitcoat on is lifting a congregational chair. Yes, scrubbing the floors for Jehovah God and Jesus is not too much to ask for. Notice what page 5 says,"If we are truly grateful, would we not want to follow Jesus' example of humility, subjection, and self-sacraficing love?......such as scrubbing floors in a place used for Christian meetings? How would you react? Would you, out of appreciation for Jesus and his heavenly Father, be WILLING to accept an assignment that many would consider beneath them and too uncomfortable?"

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

I don't do windows nor toilets.

• JH
    JH

Does Jesus and Jehovah also go to tim hortons at break time?

They should have said instead that Jehovah's spirit was present at the meetings instead of saying that he was there, because that goes in contradiction with his heavenly body being in a specific place.

Is it written our father who art in heaven or in the kingdom halls?

• Satanus
    Satanus

During my last yr in, i asked a bro who was trying to help me, if jehovah could be in more than one place at a time. He was stumped. Why do they claim to know god anyway??

SS

• Will Power
    Will Power

Is that WT for real?

Isn't one of their lines of proof Jesus was not god is " who was running heaven while he was on earth?"

If jesus & god are in more than 1 place at a time - omni present, how could a "parooooooooosa" occur?

will

• blackout
    blackout

Whats a Paroooooooosa?????

• minimus
    minimus

Parousia= presence= coming (to some).....Interesting side point...... Also, Jehovah and Jesus are just "invisibly" supposed to be up in heaven.They can't be at the meetings too. If they are though, I think the attendants should count them for meeting attendance, along with those hooked up on the telephone.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

a 1985 quote about cleaning the KH eh? ....hell you must be right, how silly of me to have been misled all this time!

• Brummie
    Brummie
    a 1985 quote about cleaning the KH eh? ....hell you must be right, how silly of me to have been misled all this time

Hi Scooby, perhaps now you can do a search and comment on a couple of other quotes from the watchtower. i.e. the ones that banned organ transplants, vaccinations, serums, the 1914 generation, 1874 return of christ, the UN, and then get back to us with the "Kh cleaning....How silly of me to have been misled all this time"....or do you only use selective quotes make it appear like the WT can only be faulted on kh cleaning?roflmao

BTW I am not a bitter exjw or any of the other titles you use against exjws who speak out against the WT...try answering the stronger arguments instead of going for the weakest link

Brummie

• minimus
    minimus

Scooby, would you have been less misled if the quote was made in 2003? BTW, I'm a bit curious regarding your defense of the Witnesses. What exactly is your reason for posting? You seem to think that there's a lot of cattiness going on here, from what I've read. Do you feel that you should be a balance for those that "beat on the slave"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit