It's stilll on the WT CD Rom! try this November 1st 1999 page 28

frogit

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Disgusting, how they can live with themselves is beyond me

• Satanus
    Satanus

frog

Yup, there it is. That wt cdrom is like a two edged sword in the hands of a skillful apostate, to cut through crap and obfustication.

SS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Dead Dub`s in Malowie? Never mind,WBTS has new light.Besides those dead dubs sold more magazines than any live dub could..Hypocrate bastards..How many more dubs will die at the hands of these morons who insist god talks to only them,only to repeatedly change what they feel god has said..WBTS is run by the most immoral,self-rightious,heartless bastards money can buy...OUTLAW

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

This article also started me thinking. What I noticed is the blatant talking out of both sides of the mouth, the lip service to neutrality for the "real" christians to see, and the "matter of conscience" line for the media. This way of course, the WT looks reasonable.

The truth is, you will be DA'd for voting, I am sure of it.

The other QFR that is totally schizo is the one on working in churches; this article is a masterpiece of doublespeak and misdirection. In one sentence, it says that it is up to our conscience, then it suggests that it is a matter of degree and where the check comes from, another sentence suggests that if people seeing us work on a church might think we support what they teach, it is wrong. And finally it suggests that if our boss says we have to work on one, it is ok. Another stab in the back for witness businessmen; if you are just a poor employee, it is ok. If you are a boss, NOT ok. Is it wrong or not? If I tell my worker to commit immorality for me, is it ok for them to do it???? Hmm, guess working in churches is not wrong

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

Nobody criticised the apostle Paul for appealing to Caesar as a right of his Roman citizenship. As a right of my citizenship I desire to vote and have done so many times both in and out of the JWs. I won't let a bunch of morally challenged morons in Brooklyn decide for me what kind of a government I will live under.

• Swan
    Swan

It won't be much longer until the GB actually endorses a candidate and pressures their followers to vote for him. (I say him because I doubt the GB would ever endorse a woman politician.) Now that's a very scary thought.

Tammy

• JT
    JT

reporter good to hear from you, and your comments put it in the right prospective indeed-

i have talked to many poster who have talked to some of the players on the inside , including myself and the direction is very clear

in the coming years to protect wt the boys in service and writing will continue to move more DFing offenses to DAing classification

they get the same result, folks kicked out of the org and treated like dirt, shuniing gossip, etc and yet it took no effort on the part of a body of elders which each time a body of elders acts -makes the wt libel

at least in terms of being included in a lawsuit

the goal of the legal desk and sevice dept is to be able to control the congo and yet not share any libilty of it

it has got to be the cooliest move of the wt

so as the years go by we will see more issues shifted from df to da classification

the process has already begun

• Mary
    Mary

This disgusts me to no end. I'll never forget the horror of reading in Crisis of Conscience, how all the rape, torture and murder of the brothers and sisters in Malawi came about because one member of the Governing Body decided to change his mind on them letting the brothers and sisters there carry the political card. When he did this, they didn't have the "two-thirds majority vote" that they deemed necessary for any new law of theirs to pass. Isn't it ironic how they won't let any R&F Witness vote, but all of the GB's decisions are based on what? On a frigging VOTE!!

OK, so now I can go to the polls and no one can judge me. I wonder how all those brothers and sisters who were tortured or raped (but not murdered) in Malawi all those years ago feel, when they read this "new and improved Light".

• freedom96
    freedom96

This is exactly why I started to believe that the WTS was NOT God's organization.

Nothing to do with teachings of doctrine. So many different religions teaching so many different things. That in itself just does not interest me.

The nail in the WTS coffin, is exactly things such as this. Where they hurt people, some to the point of losing their lives. To allow one country to vote, and another not to. And that cost so many people their lives. To change it later to suit their needs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit